AMC‘s Breaking Bad

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
darthnazgul wrote:Okay, I've finished the series. The whole thing. I feel like it's going to take a while for me to fully realise my thoughts on the last few episodes or the show itself, but right now, I loved it. Felina just felt perfect, without me ever thinking that that was the ending the series needed.

I will say, however, that Ozymandias was in some ways overhyped. I kept hearing its praises, even after everything wrapped up. Hell, it has a perfect 10 on IMDb. And yet, when I watched it, it felt just as good as the rest of the series. Which is a terrific level of quality, of course, but it felt like I had to expect something that was mind-blowingly, impossibly good, surpassing the rest of the series. I do appreciate the episode more now in hindsight, but I guess that's the problem with being late to the party.
That's because Ozymandias is one of the three best episodes in the entire series, and therefore one of the very best episodes of television in general.

Oh, and the time I've been out of the forums, I started watching Breaking Bad. I'm on the second season :D

Octaviana wrote:Oh, and the time I've been out of the forums, I started watching Breaking Bad. I'm on the second season :D
Good. You're in for a treat.

The satisfying ending for Walt felt unearned.
Everyone else went throygh shit because of him and he overrode all their décisions, got to die like he wanted and even got to "explain" himself to Skyler, while also suddenly turning into a mechanic to build a nazi-killing supergun? Naa, too many things going his way when all the producers told us from the start was about the conséquences of one's actions and I don't feel that Walter got what ought to have been coming to him: dying alone in a small room of cancer. the end but since this show clearly does not want any ambuguity or subtlety, they'll tell you how to feel and they're just pandering to the lowest expectations: i.e team walt who want him to go out like a badass. A daring move would have been to NOT do that and have him get to a lower point than in the penultimate episode. But since Amlerican tv watchers can't stand tragédies, they had to have him get done everything he wanted before he could kick the bucket. Very disappointed.

Use spoiler tag mate.

i've always been saying how BB is far from the deepest of shows and i still think that anyone saying that it doesn't have ambiguity or subtlety is mad

i'm also among the people that weren't completely satisfied by the ending, exactly because how typical it seems for walt to, once again,
have it all his way

but i'm still willing to accept that it's very much a part of the point, exactly because of how much he had become a control freak over the seasons, not to mention the TWBB connection i've been underlining for some time

at the end of TWBB, Daniel, who obviously has a god complex (as hinted many times including in the preceeding sequence), says he's finished after killing Eli and only then could the film end
only then could the curtains go down as if by his command

so you could argue he deserved a lot worse, which i thought as well, but saying it was written with the single purpose of satisfying the lowest minimum of expectations is nuts

That was goddamn genius.

Also, Miracle of Sound did this (No spoilers)

Batfan175 wrote:The satisfying ending for Walt felt unearned.
Everyone else went throygh shit because of him and he overrode all their décisions, got to die like he wanted and even got to "explain" himself to Skyler, while also suddenly turning into a mechanic to build a nazi-killing supergun? Naa, too many things going his way when all the producers told us from the start was about the conséquences of one's actions and I don't feel that Walter got what ought to have been coming to him: dying alone in a small room of cancer. the end but since this show clearly does not want any ambuguity or subtlety, they'll tell you how to feel and they're just pandering to the lowest expectations: i.e team walt who want him to go out like a badass. A daring move would have been to NOT do that and have him get to a lower point than in the penultimate episode. But since Amlerican tv watchers can't stand tragédies, they had to have him get done everything he wanted before he could kick the bucket. Very disappointed.
Get to a lower point? I would say destroying his family, never getting to see his daughter grow up and kidnapping her, having everyone he knew and loved either die or hate him, and seeing how it affected him was fairly low. Or did you want to see them rip off his fingernails or something? I thought the last 4 or so episodes were all part of the ending and the last episode just tying up the final details.

nazi-killing supergun? You mean a machine gun he bought on a device a regular science teacher could easily make?

Batfan175 wrote:The satisfying ending for Walt felt unearned.
Sorry you didn't get the version of the ending you wanted. Just because it didn't go the way you personally wanted it to doesn't make it a bad ending though. Try to remember the difference.