AMC‘s Breaking Bad

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Beautiful epizode.Incredible acting and writting from start to finish.

Rian Johnson directed last nights episode. 8-)

eff Skyler
Why you lurking my page brah?

First time episode of the season comparable in quality to the previous, especially the conversation between Walt and Skyler, but it hasn't given me much confidence for the season in general still. Throughout the prior seasons, high emotional or physical stakes dominated the screen, pushing the characters often into impossible situations. For the first half of 5.1, there's passive emotional stakes (it's mostly a more extreme version of things we've seen for a while now in the show), and there's nearly no physical stakes. The show's fallen into the category of predictability, and until something gets introduced that changes it, I'll remain disappointed.

-Vader

Thrilled with the season so far. Anna Gunn has been great with her (mostly) non-verbal performance. Skylar is playing the only card she has. Cant wait to see how her part plays out.

Hopefully we will get to spend more time with the high-strung Lydia.

Allstar wrote:Rian Johnson directed last nights episode. 8-)
No wonder it was amazing.

Vader182 wrote:First time episode of the season comparable in quality to the previous, especially the conversation between Walt and Skyler, but it hasn't given me much confidence for the season in general still. Throughout the prior seasons, high emotional or physical stakes dominated the screen, pushing the characters often into impossible situations. For the first half of 5.1, there's passive emotional stakes (it's mostly a more extreme version of things we've seen for a while now in the show), and there's nearly no physical stakes. The show's fallen into the category of predictability, and until something gets introduced that changes it, I'll remain disappointed.

-Vader
Predictable for you maybe.

Last nights episode was one of my favorites of the series, Johnson did a fantastic job. Season has been great so far.

Guys, I just finished episode 11 of season 4!!!!!! (I haven't read any of the recent posts since I figured you guys are discussing season 5 so far)
I cannot believe how crazy this season is!!!!!! I mean :shock: :shock: The further along it goes the more I can't believe it.

It's not like the previous seasons were any bad, either. But this is just, almost too much...