Most Underrated Movies?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Addicted2Movies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote: How so?
When people think of Tarantino they typically think of Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and Inglourious Basterds. Yeah, I would say those are his best movies, but the Kill Bill movies are really great too and don't get enough love imo.
Hmmm, I think most people really love them in general. If anything Jackie Brown is underrated.

Mr. Caine wrote:
Mason01 wrote:Inception, judging by the amount of hate it gets on a Christopher Nolan fan site.
Inception pfff :facepalm: The Social Network and every single marvel movie owns Inception because they dont have Ellen "100 questions" Page and Leo "same character in every movie" Dicraprio. Not to mention Chris "explain everything through exposition" Nolan.
Why did you copy and paste this from one of my posts? :eh:

steveportee wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote: Inception pfff :facepalm: The Social Network and every single marvel movie owns Inception because they dont have Ellen "100 questions" Page and Leo "same character in every movie" Dicraprio. Not to mention Chris "explain everything through exposition" Nolan.
Why did you copy and paste this from one of my posts? :eh:
Because this post perfectly articulates what I wanted to say :D

How people can complain about too much exposition when most of it is told through A.) Fucking awesome action set pieces or B.) Awesome scenes in general, like all the stuff around Paris, which becomes really tense plus the wonder and power of seeing Paris fold over itself, etc. C.) Bond and/or heist type scenes done with a fantastic sense of style throughout D.) Deeply emotionally involving scenes....is completely beyond me.

-Vader

I was joking and so was steveportee :lol: I got zero problems with Inception.

Exposition can be one of the most effective ways of creating and increasing the drama in your story. It can also be the quickest way to kill a plot's momentum and get your story bogged down in detail. Too much exposition, or too much at one time, can seriously derail a story and be frustrating to the reader or viewer eager for a story to either get moving or move on.

:lol: Glad to hear that. At any rate, that is the main criticism of the film, one shared by quite a few folks on here...

And @ Darknolan yes... except A.) almost all the exposition is in a typical heist structure, and B.) read previous post.

-Vader

Big Night

The Wolfman.

Red Dragon and Hannibal.