Toy Story 4 (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Pixar should just stop with all these sequels. The only one we need is The Incredibles.

Lasseter:
"At Pixar and at Disney, we only make sequels if we come up with a story that's as good or better than the original. That's our rule. We don't do things just to print money."
coughcoughcarscoughcough

Now that I think about it, I don't mind any of them to be honest... it's Pixar. And I love me some toy bromance.

m4st4 wrote:Now that I think about it, I don't mind any of them to be honest... it's Pixar. And I love me some toy bromance.
You don't remember Bo Peep, do you?£

John Lasseter with more small details on the plot:
“As we were looking around we came up with this idea because Bo Peep was not in Toy Story 3, and it actually worked beautifully into this….so Woody and Buzz Lightyear go out to find Bo Peep and bring her back, and it's a very special and emotional love story. But it's extremely funny too.”

"What we wanted to do was find a type a story that we had not done in a Toy Story before, and really our goal is to create something really original, something that's different from what you've seen before. In every sequel that Pixar does we try to do something that is very different from the original, but is as good in a different way."

“I've been very inspired by my wife Nancy's story in her life before I met her. It's an incredible story, and it’s been sort of a bit of an inspiration for this.”
http://collider.com/toy-story-4-plot-de ... ium=social

atilasantos wrote:Pixar should just stop with all these sequels. The only one we need is The Incredibles.
Agreed.

Well 2 and 3 came out pretty great so I trust they'll do well on 4.

Like really the only thing Pixar has done that is terribly inconsistent from the rest of it's body of work is Cars and maybe MU (haven't seen that) but everything else is pretty consistently solid from them based on what I've seen.

New release date: June 15, 2018

DoubleD wrote:New release date: June 15, 2018
Boooo :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

The Film Stage ‏@TheFilmStage
In a release date swap, 'The Incredibles 2' will now open on June 15, 2018 and 'Toy Story 4' on June 21, 2019.