Jurassic World (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:Chris Pratt trying to be all ultra serious is hilarious.
That's what I thought too. :lol:

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I cant help but feel like the "CG isn't done" saying always falls short. Never much change from what I've observed.
I don't know, World War Z had a pretty huge difference in CGI quality between what we saw in the trailer and the final movie, if you ask me.

didich wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I cant help but feel like the "CG isn't done" saying always falls short. Never much change from what I've observed.
I don't know, World War Z had a pretty huge difference in CGI quality between what we saw in the trailer and the final movie, if you ask me.
Same for Transformers, so all I can say is, just wait and see, really

Now I feel like this won't be near as thought-provoking as the first movie

After watching the last trailer, this looks generic. Hopefully the final product is different.

It hurts me to disagree with my mate m4 so distinctly. I use to automatically agree with everything he says, but tbh I prefer BDH to Chastain. I think she is more capable in terms of speech skills and voice performance (Which is an important factor for me), she has shown a range almost equally notable, though perhaps with less number of impressive performances, and in the one movie that they were both playing in, she gave a slightly more praiseworthy work and overall the best supporting performance of the film.£

Master Virgo wrote:It hurts me to disagree with my mate m4 so distinctly. I use to automatically agree with everything he says, but tbh I prefer BDH to Chastain. I think she is more capable in terms of speech skills and voice performance (Which is an important factor for me), she has shown a range almost equally notable, though perhaps with less number of impressive performances, and in the one movie that they were both playing in, she gave a slightly more praiseworthy work and overall the best supporting performance of the film.£
Which movie was that? Cause honestly I'd like to give it a shot.

To clarify my absolute statement, I really don't like the way she forces her voice to sound...dramatic enough? Instead it comes of as dishonest and fake. Don't know how to explain it better man... but anyway, I appreciate your opinion as always and again would like to hear about her quality performances.

m4st4 wrote:Which movie was that? Cause honestly I'd like to give it a shot.

To clarify my absolute statement, I really don't like the way she forces her voice to sound...dramatic enough? Instead it comes of as dishonest and fake. Don't know how to explain it better man... but anyway, I appreciate your opinion as always and again would like to hear about her quality performances.
I think Virgo is referring to The Help. As far as other BDH performances goes, have you seen her in The Village or Manderlay?

m4st4 wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:It hurts me to disagree with my mate m4 so distinctly. I use to automatically agree with everything he says, but tbh I prefer BDH to Chastain. I think she is more capable in terms of speech skills and voice performance (Which is an important factor for me), she has shown a range almost equally notable, though perhaps with less number of impressive performances, and in the one movie that they were both playing in, she gave a slightly more praiseworthy work and overall the best supporting performance of the film.£
Which movie was that? Cause honestly I'd like to give it a shot.

I think Virgo is referring to The Help (2011).

I think BDH is pretty bloody ordinary, TBH. She might as well have been twirling a moustache and swinging a cane in The Help.

Vamos wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Which movie was that? Cause honestly I'd like to give it a shot.

I think Virgo is referring to The Help. As far as other BDH performances goes, have you seen her in The Village or Manderlay?
I've seen her in all three. Can't really remember her in The Help tbh, Jessica was my favorite part of that movie, Monroe before Monroe. Wasn't she totally sidetracked in that? Liked her in both Shyamalan movies (yup, even Lady in the Water, talking about her performance now not movies) and Manderlay can't remember since it was a long time ago. Then you also have Spider-Man 3, which is her going to extremes I often find irritating even when she's restrained, like supposedly here in JW.