Now You See Me (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Variety reveals that Jesse Eisenberg and Jake Gyllenhaal are in early stages of negotiations to join the high concept “Now You See Me.” First announced near the beginning of the year, the story written by Boaz Yakin (”Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time,” “Fresh”) and Edward Ricourt, follows a crack FBI squad in a game of cat-and-mouse against a super-team of the world’s greatest illusionists, who pull off a series of daring bank heists during their performances and showers the profits on to their audiences.

Philip Seymour Hoffman, Olivia Wilde and Melanie Laurent all have offers out to them to stat in the Louis Leterrier

Scheduling will be an issue for both Eisenberg and Gyllenhaal who will need to make sure their calendars have space before they sign on the dotted line. Eisenberg heads off to Italy this summer to shoot “Bop Decameron” with Woody Allen, and he’s also eyeing Noah Baumbach‘s “While We’re Young.” Jake Gyllenhaal is currently shooting David Ayer‘s “End Of Watch” but his window seems a bit more open right now.
Plot sounds cool and if everyone joins it is a pretty nice cast.

intriguing premise

Great cast.

Interesting.

It could either be really well thought out ... or it could be BLEAFJGhagh

I really like the premise, although really crossing my fingers they get someone other than Olivia Wilde.

Could be great, but considering it's by Leterrier, you never know.

oracle86 wrote:Could be great, but considering it's by Leterrier, you never know.
:thumbdown:

Eh, I also didn't see that Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman wrote the screenplay. :?

I'm excited for Kurtzman's Welcome to People, but the pair has been fairly uneven lately.

From the director that brought you the genius The Incredible Hulk.

Jesse confirmed
Ruffalo replaces Jake.
Seyfried and Morgan Freeman join.

This looks interesting - as long as Leterrier doesn't frak everything up.