Silence (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ScreenDaily reports that the Oscar-winning filmmaker will start shooting the drama Silence in January 2012. This adaptation of the novel by Shusaku Endo about two Jesuit priests who travel to 17th Century Japan and face violence when they try to spread the word of Christianity is a project Scorsese has talked about doing going all the way back to The Departed. The likes of Daniel Day-Lewis, Benicio Del Toro and Gael Garcia Bernal have been attached to star in it, though no word on whether any of them are still in contention.
That would be great if Daniel could do this back to back with Lincoln. Also extremely rare.

Read more: Silence Next for Scorsese? Or a Taxi Driver Remake? - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... z1MFUoeOBt

This is going to be fantastic. Back to back oscars for DDL? I think so.

Damn! DDL doing two films back to back? Let's see how it will all work out. And this will be the third time he will have worked with Scorsesse I think.

akv1984 wrote:Damn! DDL doing two films back to back? Let's see how it will all work out. And this will be the third time he will have worked with Scorsesse I think.
He may or may not be doing this knowing how Daniel operates he probably will not make another film for three years after Lincoln. He also has worked with Scorsese twice already.

Daniel Day Lewis, Benicio del Toro and Gael Garcia Bernal is a hell of a cast... Add Martin and yes... It will be HUGE! 8-)

I guess Daniel Day is guaranteed an Oscar for every role he does.

allstarr55js wrote:I guess Daniel Day is guaranteed an Oscar for every role he does.
Well actually they're both coming out in 2012 so never mind.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:I guess Daniel Day is guaranteed an Oscar for every role he does.
Well actually they're both coming out in 2012 so never mind.
1 Supporting 1 Leading.

Guy seriously do not get to excited about Daniel Day-Lewis being in this. If they are shooting Silence in early 2012, how is DDL going to be ready...he starts Lincoln in the fall, If he did both films, Spielberg would have to finish by December and then DDL would immediately go to New zealand where they are filming Silence...and do so with no preparation whatsoever. Not likely something he would do.