So Guy Ritchie is invited and Chris Nolan isn't ?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIFA wrote:
solo2001 wrote:I still like Nova Scotia. :P
So you're from canada... :D

I thought going there first but then I said f**k it I'm going to England... (that in case I don't get my visa for the U.S. next year :facepalm: ) :|
Props for knowing where Nova Scotia is! :thumbup:

lol this is a real thread? Chris is half American anyway. I doubt he gives a fuck.
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:Chris is half American anyway.
Where was he born, huh? WHERE THE FUCK WAS HE BORN?!

lol In England... Still right now he prob only has one thing on his mind. But I'm just saying spending lots of time in America can corrupt people....
Say Girl

Nice wedding. Guy Ritchie is friends with Prince William.

On my prince-ly wedding I'll invite only Nolan. Then again, he's gonna be the bride anyway.

Redsmile wrote:lol In England... Still right now he prob only has one thing on his mind. But I'm just saying spending lots of time in America can corrupt people....
I agree, I know how amazing America is compared to England, but you should never forget where you come from... living in America or not. If he was invited I think he would have attended, though, he still seems pretty British to me. :lol:

I really dont see Nolan as a British filmmaker tho. America is where he got his big break. lol but I know what you mean. His brother seems more American. And he's also a dual citizen correct?
Say Girl

In Nolan movies, someone's wife is always dying, so the Prince though it would be bad luck to invite him.

But seriously, who gives a fuck about the royal wedding?

Redsmile wrote:I really dont see Nolan as a British filmmaker tho. America is where he got his big break. lol but I know what you mean. His brother seems more American. And he's also a dual citizen correct?
Yeah, he's a dual citizen. Well to be fair, most British Directors in America today got their break through films by doing American projects. But don't forget than Nolan's British made feature, Following, is what got him doing Memento (funding, company influence and what not).

Obviously British film makers want to break through into the American market one day (Guy Ritchie hasn't really gone there, but I think he's just proud to be British). Hopefully when I direct my first feature (it's not that close to casting, actually) i'll be entering it into various American film festivals because that's where the market is. It's common sense.

But, I still consider Nolan to be fully British, whether he makes top class American films and if he lives there or not, he still came about by Direction British films. I fully understand why he prefers America, though. ;)