Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 6:51 pm
Found Irreversible, Salo, Suspiria, Deep Red, Tenebre, among others all at a store I know for $2.50 each. My friend bought some and I bought the others. How are they?

I know Salo and Irreversible are incredibly disturbing, but are they actually good films? I know about Suspiria already and figure to expect more of the same with Deep Red and Tenebre.
both are great first date movies

-Vader

Salo is very family friendly, i watched it when i was like 14

lmao

Seriously. I know tons about the movies, I just want to know if they're actually worthwhile films and worth subjecting myself to. Climax was, but it's also considered one of his tamer films. I really don't like films that are weird/trying to be disturbing for the sake of being disturbing when there's nothing at the center of it all and/or no skill behind what's happening or what's being filmed.

Bacon wrote:
Found Irreversible, Salo, Suspiria, Deep Red, Tenebre, among others all at a store I know for $2.50 each. My friend bought some and I bought the others. How are they?

I know Salo and Irreversible are incredibly disturbing, but are they actually good films? I know about Suspiria already and figure to expect more of the same with Deep Red and Tenebre.

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 7:32 pm
Bacon wrote:

The prices of some these movies were too good to pass up. Him and I both spent $20 and got almost around 8 films each.

for what it’s worth, i don’t think i’d want to subject myself to salo ever ever ever again

dare i say, if you’re squeamish or easily disturbed, it’s not even really worth it. it has a point, but the debauchery and cruelty is too much. unless it’s aged poorly and rewatched might look more ridiculous than awful

Bacon wrote:

Irreversible is a great film.

What version of Apocalypse Now is the best?

Theatrical. Go redux afterwards if you’re curious.

-Vader

Except one or two, most of the scenes added in the redux version are very good. But they change the pacing and make it a different experience, less Rock'n Roll, and with a very long middle part. Anyway, Coppola will soon deliver a third version apparently. And the theatrical version isn't the one he showed in Cannes either.