Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 9:45 am
Ruth wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 9:38 am
I’m the biggest chicken to have ever graced the surface of this planet and I’ve never seen the Exorcist, but I feel like watching those Scary Movie films as a kid was a blessing in disguise cuz I don’t think I’ll ever be able to be freaked out by that girl the way you’re supposed to
The Exorcist is probably my favorite horror after Shining and what’s beautiful about it is that it works as a family drama and a family thriller, you get connected with her mother and you get to know the young priest so when shit hits the fan... you feel it on your skin. Finale of that movie is cinema’s finest hour.
Oh yea, don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t trying to put down the film’s legacy or anything. I WILL watch it... sooner or later. I do feel a bit cautious about doing so - ghosts are a 50/50 in “how much can you handle it-o-meter”, but possesions and demonic stuff just gets to me. It’s just nightmarishly freaky.

The Exorcist is superb. I wholeheartedly agree with m4st4's post about that film. Not to forget that for me it's the scariest film I've ever seen. Which is also why I've only seen it once lol

now that I’m thinking of it, there are SO MANY horror classics I’ve heard so much about, yet have never seen them. And it’s not like I hate the genre or anything (just dislike what it’s become over the years, and the audiences with their weird insatiable need for pointless jump scares and gore kinda ruin it even further, yadda yadda yadda). hm. maybe I should start diving into it more often :think:

Ruth, possessions and demonic stuff get to me as well, unless it’s Evil Dead, because I feel like it’s real in a way. The otherwordly, unspeakable, often documentaristic nature, gets under my skin. Fear of the unknown is stronger than, say, fear of a serial killer in some slasher horror. We all know people can be evil... we don’t know if there’s more to that evil out there... And that’s the scary aspect of those movies for me.

on this topic, The Wailing fucks too

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 11:19 am
on this topic, The Wailing fucks too

-Vader
I rember you mentioning it, couple of years back? On it. Need something good and horrific and on a semi-vacation right now.

Would you compare it to Se7en?

It's a S Korean horror, major horror elements. To say more would be a spoiler. But it's closer to The Exorcist than, say, Zodiac.

It's on U.S. Netflix right now, not sure if it is internationally. It's my 2nd favorite horror movie after The VVitch in the last period of time. Hereditary is probably number 3.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 24th, 2018, 1:32 pm
It's a S Korean horror, major horror elements. To say more would be a spoiler. But it's closer to The Exorcist than, say, Zodiac.

It's on U.S. Netflix right now, not sure if it is internationally. It's my 2nd favorite horror movie after The VVitch in the last period of time. Hereditary is probably number 3.

-Vader
Alright, I have couple of options, or might even wait for the next payday and get it on blu, blind date. Looks like something special, I’m intrigued by it.

The Wailing is pretty intense imo

How's Bertollucci's Novecento?