Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
elemunt wrote:i need movies like Donnie Darko & American Beauty.

i find these really similar, in the sense of these stories are in the life of regular suburban families in america, facing crisis. and the main protagonist being sort of mentally incapacitated receiving a catalyst for change.
Yeah, along with Blue Velvet, which is the best of the bunch, I recommend Little Children, Happiness, Revolutionary Road, The Virgin Suicides.

Donnie Darko, Blue Velvet and American Beauty are the best though. Although I kind of agree with people that American Beauty has aged badly a little bit.

thanks guys gonna binge watch these

I think my favourite suburban nightmare film might be Wyler's The Desperate Hours.

Just saw Grand Budapest Hotel. Fun. This is also my shortest review ever lel.

I still want to watch something else... Don't really know what..

Master Virgo wrote:Anyone here recommends Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead? Curious to check it out but will be more determined with some strong recommendations if there are any.£
I do. Very much. Tom Stoppard FYW!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Is any of Irvin Kershners stuff besides Empire worth a look? His stuff seems so obscure I don't even know where begin or what. Half his movies don't even have scores on RT or anything

ComptonTerry wrote:Is any of Irvin Kershners stuff besides Empire worth a look? His stuff seems so obscure I don't even know where begin or what. Half his movies don't even have scores on RT or anything
Never Say Never Again is good for a few laughs

Starting a David Mamet marathon. What order should I watch them? Give me one of his best to start with.

I have my big-ass comprehensive exam coming up that basically determines whether the last 4 years of school were actually worth the stress, and if I don't pass, I might actually kill myself.

So what are some underrated/overlooked films (preferably foreign to the US) I absolutely have to see?

Cilogy wrote:I have my big-ass comprehensive exam coming up that basically determines whether the last 4 years of school were actually worth the stress, and if I don't pass, I might actually kill myself.

So what are some underrated/overlooked films (preferably foreign to the US) I absolutely have to see?
Toto le Heros