Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Andrea wrote:Thanks everybody ;) I've only watched 2001, A Clockwork Orange and Donnie Dark, I'll watch something else, right now I'm in the mood for Pan's Labyrinth :)
You were the one who loved How to Train Your Dragon right? If so you should check out some of Miyazaki's work, he blows American animation out of the water.

Source Code or The Adjustment Bureau ? I plan to watch them both but which one first?

Flutterby wrote:Source Code or The Adjustment Bureau ? I plan to watch them both but which one first?
SC.

theweatherman wrote:
Andrea wrote:Thanks everybody ;) I've only watched 2001, A Clockwork Orange and Donnie Dark, I'll watch something else, right now I'm in the mood for Pan's Labyrinth :)
You were the one who loved How to Train Your Dragon right? If so you should check out some of Miyazaki's work, he blows American animation out of the water.
Yep! I've only seen half of Howl's moving castle when I was 11 o 12 at some friend's house and i remember little, but I seems to remember it lacked the epicness I love about HTTYD (I mean, it's not really epicness, but whatever), but I'll sure watch something of his work, it's a lot of time I've waited to watch something of Miyazaki ;)

Andrea wrote:Yep! I've only seen half of Howl's moving castle when I was 11 o 12 at some friend's house and i remember little, but I seems to remember it lacked the epicness I love about HTTYD (I mean, it's not really epicness, but whatever), but I'll sure watch something of his work, it's a lot of time I've waited to watch something of Miyazaki ;)
HTTYD is not even close to greatness of Miyazaki's works.

mastervirgo wrote:
Andrea wrote:Yep! I've only seen half of Howl's moving castle when I was 11 o 12 at some friend's house and i remember little, but I seems to remember it lacked the epicness I love about HTTYD (I mean, it's not really epicness, but whatever), but I'll sure watch something of his work, it's a lot of time I've waited to watch something of Miyazaki ;)
HTTYD is not even close to greatness of Miyazaki's works.
I've not talked about greatness, but epic/coolness. Dragons are epic/cool, parents who become pigs aren't. But don't worry, I'll surely watch Spirited Away tonight or max. tomorrow ;)

Andrea wrote:
mastervirgo wrote: HTTYD is not even close to greatness of Miyazaki's works.
I've not talked about greatness, but epic/coolness. Dragons are epic/cool, parents who become pigs aren't. But don't worry, I'll surely watch Spirited Away tonight or max. tomorrow ;)
Definitely that one is just magical.

I wanted to buy 2 DVD's today, but there was a sale. It was 5 movies for €5 (about $6.50), so I bought three more.

Which one sould I watch tonight?
-From Dusk 'Till Dawn
-Four Rooms
-Things We Lost In The Fire
-15 Minutes
-Butterfly On A Wheel

(The first two on the list were the ones that I really wanted).
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

I've only seen the first two and FDTD is fun, but not much more. I still really liked it though and if you enjoy vampire films then you can't go wrong with this one. Good performances and action. Though I'd never watch the sequels.

As for (the very different) Four Rooms, some segments/episodes are better than others but overall I thought it was decent, though critics seem to disgree. Of the four rooms it consists of, one of them with Madonna is just stupid and another involving a couple was sub-par. But I thought the other two rooms are great. Overall though, it's a good film which I'd give 6 or 7/10.

Erik wrote:I wanted to buy 2 DVD's today, but there was a sale. It was 5 movies for €5 (about $6.50), so I bought three more.

Which one sould I watch tonight?
-From Dusk 'Till Dawn
-Four Rooms
-Things We Lost In The Fire
-15 Minutes
-Butterfly On A Wheel

(The first two on the list were the ones that I really wanted).
Personally, I didn't like Four Rooms. My main complaint is that I was offset by the first segment, which feels like it should've been put later... because it's a bit unrealistic compared to the others (although they are all a bit exaggerated). From Dusk Till Dawn is the only other one I've seen, so I'd recommend that.