Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I've seen Take Shelter and I freaking love that movie. Forgot to look when I was in there, won't make the same mistake.

RECOMMEND-ME-A-PODCAST

What is the preferred Kubrick version of The Shining ?

I've always only seen the longer one yet I've seen reports saying he prefers the shorter UK cut is it true? As to those who've seen it, does it flow better?

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
March 20th, 2018, 1:12 pm
What is the preferred Kubrick version of The Shining ?

I've always only seen the longer one yet I've seen reports saying he prefers the shorter UK cut is it true? As to those who've seen it, does it flow better?
The Europe/UK version is far superior, I think. Better flow. Cuts made make sense.

Where to start with Edward Yang's work?

Thinking of watching The Right Stuff tonight, what's the consensus on that here?

I'm looking for something in the spirit of Running on Empty and Call Me By Your Name.

Nomis wrote:
May 3rd, 2018, 9:00 am
I'm looking for something in the spirit of Running on Empty and Call Me By Your Name.
Francis Lee's God's Own Country and Abdellatif Kechiche's Blue is the warmest colour are the two that spring to mind regarding something in similar vein to Call Me By Your Name.
Nomis wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 9:23 am
Thinking of watching The Right Stuff tonight, what's the consensus on that here?
Enjoyable,though granted a few scenes can be viewed as bit too mushy at times.
Sam Sheppard's character was the greater interest for me.

Nomis wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 9:23 am
One of the best epics ever made

Nomis wrote:
May 3rd, 2018, 9:00 am
what better time to watch a Merchant-Ivory film than after Ivory wins screenplay for CMBYN