Drive (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Special One wrote:I loved every part of this film. It will become more of a "cult" film once more people discover it when it becomes available on DvD.

+1

MaxB2087 wrote:I feel like the people who didn't understand the reason why there wasn't a lot of action or why there was a lot of "doing nothing
are bit mentally challenged. hehe :D
There was a reason for the movie to be slow when the trailer gave me other expectations? I would blame the marketing.
Stop being so fkn stupid. hehe :D
Ryan Goslings character acted a bit mentally challenged by the way, socially mentally challenged. But I asume that was the point. He was a violent bastard with a past I would have loved to know more of. His inability to have a lovely relationship where he is the perfect father and husband, did not properly show off until it was too late in the elevator :P

tykjen wrote:
MaxB2087 wrote:I feel like the people who didn't understand the reason why there wasn't a lot of action or why there was a lot of "doing nothing
are bit mentally challenged. hehe :D

Ryan Goslings character acted a bit mentally challenged by the way, socially mentally challenged. But I asume that was the point. :P
Yah it was on purpose you know

MaxB2087 wrote:Yah it was on purpose you know
The movie started out with the protagonist acting like nothing but a true professional. Such a good intro to the movie. Like in Leon. But in Leon, we got to see his sad lonely side of life pretty quickly to establish character outside his professionalism. Goslings character was all calm and pro until he killed a guy in defense..and not just that, he had to really stomp his face in until it was gone, and he seemed to really enjoy it too. And that was done right after a hot kiss. If his social strange side with the girl was on purpose, are you also saying you knew he had a real mean motherfucker inside him all along that he was suppressing?
Nothing gave me an impression of that. To me he kept it short and simple using few words as possible. "I drive"

tykjen wrote:There was a reason for the movie to be slow when the trailer gave me other expectations?
Hmm. Strange. From the trailer I knew this movie will be more of a drama than an actual action film. What action films has a Riz Ortolani song in it? It was obvious this was gonna be an artsy action drama film. :roll:

The trailer I saw was the preview trailer, which was basically part of the intro.

tykjen wrote:If his social strange side with the girl was on purpose, are you also saying you knew he had a real mean motherfucker inside him all along that he was suppressing?
Nothing gave me an impression of that. To me he kept it short and simple using few words as possible. "I drive"
Then you really missed the essence of the character there are moments that build to that point that make the character's action in the second half believable. I thought it did a great job of establishing how much more there was to the whole character.

theweatherman wrote:
tykjen wrote:If his social strange side with the girl was on purpose, are you also saying you knew he had a real mean motherfucker inside him all along that he was suppressing?
Then you really missed the essence of the character there are moments that build to that point that make the character's action in the second half believable. I thought it did a great job of establishing how much more there was to the whole character.
Agree with TheWeatherMan

LOVED IT

Mr. Caine wrote:LOVED IT
:twothumbsup: