What was the last movie you've watched? II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Se7en: 8.1/10

MrBatman wrote:
thedarklordrises wrote:
Because I dislike a move that makes me a troll huh? :facepalm:
Yeah thats the crazyness of NF Forums.If you dislike something then we are trolls,if you like everything they like
Then you are a good and brave member of the club.

Being yourself here=A Sin.
If being yourself is being a retard who can't write,read and form at least one agrument about anything that uses common sense and logic ,then yes being yourself is a sin mr.honesty :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:

Mr. Caine wrote:
MrBatman wrote: Yeah thats the crazyness of NF Forums.If you dislike something then we are trolls,if you like everything they like
Then you are a good and brave member of the club.

Being yourself here=A Sin.
If being yourself is being a retard who can't write,read and form at least one agrument about anything that uses common sense and logic ,then yes being yourself is a sin mr.honesty :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:
Thats your truth.

MrBatman wrote: Proof? WTF are you talking about?
My proof is every post you make.

Lost Highway - ?/10

Alberto wrote:Lost Highway - ?/10
Nine-ish?

CaliKid329 wrote:
MrBatman wrote: Proof? WTF are you talking about?
My proof is every post you make.
Are ya serious?

I'm just saying what i think.Except it or leave it.

It's accept, not except, and stop infecting every cell here on NF, now I need to re-post this just to hide your lack of sense.
m4st4 wrote:Image

*My review of TGWTDT at moj-film.hr, article is translated from Croatian, cut me some slack would you? ;)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - The Christmas movie of the year

Audience Strikes Back

Director David Fincher never really liked to play by the rules, maybe that's the main reason why we like him so much, because we're sick of the ruling establishment, attack of the movie clones without personality and general nose picking towards good taste. In almost filled theatre, TGWTDT premiere opened in front of our eyes with aggressive notes of Immigrant Sony by Karen O and Trent Reznor, audience finally ready to watch something substantial this year, strikes back, jumping into imperial destroyers - joining The Dark Side. Do we really need to point it out, Christmas Ewoks will be the first ones to take the fall because Fincher took the job to provoke and stimulate, his mission is to destroy conventions, not construct them. Welcome, dear reader, to your personal nightmare, bitter-sweet indeed. Pain, as we will soon find out, CAN be addictive.

From the first scene of snowy (and icy) Swedish nature, in a blizzard of fabular storm, let's be clear and honest: this film is designed to drown you in his chilly atmosphere, louded enough (all the way up to 11) with extremely ambiental, under-the-skin instrumental from Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross (boys already snatched their Oscars for The Social Network). Director of Photography Jeff Cronenweth (Fight Club) managed to catch the essence of what is Swedish, urban and movie-like graceful surrounding. Ericsson, IKEA, Coca-Cola, Apple, 7-Eleven and McDonald's, they are building this marketing of chaos which, unlike James Bond movies, makes sense and easily blends in, like some part of furniture. Heroes of Larsson's prose are part of that same familiar, yet almost parallel world, they speak English (with a slight touch of Swedish), drink their coffees, eat their sandwiches and blow their smokes. ''Swedish noir'' suddenly makes more sense, when we finally enter the real mistery, in isolation and secrecy, in eerie whispers from a distant family's (and partly country's) past.

If you happen to be part of one extremely large fanbase who actually knows about Millenium trilogy, written by late Stieg Larsson, then, undoubtedly, you know everything about Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig) and Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara), you also remember a certain Island Mistery and shocking resolutions that would shiver the moustache of Hercule Poirot and make him escape to Havaii, selling coconuts instead of going nuts after everything.

Who is Mikael Blomkvist? Media appealing, always controversial journalist of the Swedish political magazine Millenium, not so long ago he's been found guilty for libel (you can blame his rival, industrial mafioso Hans Erik Wennerström for that). Mikael will soon answer to one completely different call, the one that will come from entirely different ''Power beast'', Henrik Vanger (Christopher Plummer). TGWTDT suddenly becomes an Island Mistery, hermetically detached from the rest of the world. Blomkvist will have to find Harriet Vanger, or what's left of her after misterious accident that occurred in fictional town of Hedestad, year 1966. And his ultimate prize, if he manages to solve the puzzle? Wennerström's head on a silver plate.

Salander against the World

Of course, Steven Zaillian (Schindler's List, Hannibal) knows whom we seek and like the most, he maximizes the potential of that other piece of puzzle - antisocial hacker/punker Lisbeth Salander. Circumstances will eventually connect one of the most bizzarre couplings in recent literature/cinematography history, and when we actually earn that right to witness Larsson's social experiment, Fincher wants us to dwelve deep into her ivory skin, learn how she ticks and find out what's it like to be Salander in the world that accepts everything - except Salander.

Let there be no mistakes - Rooney Mara is magical. She managed to grow up so much in only one year, as an actress, after we last saw her dumping Mark Zuckerberg (Jesse Eisenberg) at the beginning of The Social Network. Rooney became this creature of fear and rage and revenge, but also so much more, some other, completely separated text would do it justice for sure. Hidden behind her piercings and tattoos (Dragon is dominating her back), decorated with warrior goth-makeup and attitude that spits: Stay the fuck away from me, in every second. Salander is the true Queen of this movie. Dragan Armansky (Croatian actor Goran Višnjić) described her simple enough: ''She's different, in every way.''

Let's not forget, this is still Xmas/New Year's Eve time, but get this straight - this movie is dark and complex, very. Here you will find scenes that will make you shiver and tremble and scream, and yet, I promise you this - you will also stay til the very (cathartic) end. Led by the safe hand of her fatherly mentor David Fincher, Mara manages to rise from unwanted puppy, tortured soul into your own favorite, almost an angel of vengeance: you will laugh with her, close your eyes in front of her and cheer without remorse. Salander is real, conscious, deeply sexual person; all meat and blood, remarkable film creature.

Actor's side (you know, the one that knows how it's done) is also being held by Robin Wright as Erika Berger, Stellan Skarsgard as Martin Vanger and Joelly Richardson as Anita Vanger.

In the end, with the closing melody of ''Is your love strong enough?'' by HTDA, audience felt completely silent - frozen in time. Fanfares played only in our minds, we knew it already - this is not the movie of the year, this is the christmas movie of the year - I dare you to go see it.

5/5

Also posted here: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... start=1690

m4st4 wrote:
Alberto wrote:Lost Highway - ?/10
Nine-ish?
8-8.5

I don't know if it was good or bad, but I loved it and it's probably my favorite Lynch film.

Children of Men

The camera work. Holy god. The craft and coordination with the sets and action. Mind blowing.