What was the last movie you've watched? II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Maverick - 3/5 - enjoyable and fun, but not much to it

Baconboy wrote:Marley and Me - 7.5/10
If The Dark Knight wasn't on TNT, I would have watched this. The little bit I saw was interesting.

Elephant, 7/10. So basically if your film has at least 10 consecutive minutes without dialogue you're gonna win the palme d'or. :lol:

Natural Born Killers: 7.5/10

Nolan4Life wrote:Natural Born Killers: 7.5/10
butchered.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - 7.8/10

Saw this first when I was a kid, and it remains one of the most thrilling movies I have seen. Story is great, action scenes are typical Spielberg old-school and that's how they should be, and it is still scary. Would have given it a higher score, but the T-Rex in San Diego nonsense was a bit too much. They should have kept some more parts of the book and ended it on the island itself.

Jurassic Park III - 5.2/10

Really not as amazing as I thought it was when I first saw it in theaters as a kid. There was no buildup of tension, no real drama. The pacing is good as a thriller, but just way too fast. An hour and a half? Really? It was like a made for TV movie. Everything seemed so campy and dry, it ended up feeling like more of a comedy or a spoof than a sci-fi thriller.

Both JP1 and TLW are thrilling and genuinely scary and gave the viewer that sense of wonder we got with the first one. I think that has a lot to do with the fact that they were both Spielberged, whereas JP3 was not. The only moment in JP3 that was truly tense was when Tea Leoni's character stares into the eyes of what seems like a model raptor, and the eye moves .... :? damn that was chilling. I wish that scene would have been used in one of the previous films. Otherwise it was so disappointing.

Damn, how our perceptions change.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

JP3>JP2

Sahara 7/10

A ton of fun. A great soundtrack and great work from the cast (the banter between Zahn and McConaughey is hilarious). The story is solid and the action is fun (even if it is completely ridiculous at times).

The Best Years of Our Lives 9/10

Two days and two William Wyler films and I'm already a fan. I found this film to be incredibly important, it does a fantastic job of capturing what it was like for WWII vets returning from the war. Its not gritty or hard to watch, but it still feels very real and accurate. Loved it.

Limitless

8.5/10

Friends With Benefits - 2.5/5

Decent, and better than No Strings Attached but soooooo cliched.

Cowboys & Aliens - 3/5

Good entertainment, but that is it.

Dark Star - 3/5

Funny, but by god has it aged.

Boyz N The Hood - 4/5

Brilliant and striking. Well acted, too.

Troll Hunter - 4/5

What an idea for a movie. And what a piece of film.

Red State - 4/5

Bat-shit crazy, entertaining and funny as hell. What more could you want from a Kevin Smith film?