What was the last movie you've watched? II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
All the President's Men- 8..75

I don't have time for a proper right up, BUT, this has got to have two of the most wonderful leads in any film to date. Both of them feel so consistently real, so full of rich character, and the entire film rests on their shoulders, along with a near-perfect screenplay. Due to its dense nature, it's taken three viewings for me to follow it as well as I have, which is completely rad, and indicative of its quality.

One of my favorite aspects of film is just how you can look at how films reflect an era's general social attitudes and culture. This came off of Nixon obviously, and reflects the paranoia and anger of the people at the time.

Sidenote: The way the entire narrative rests completely on both the screenplay and how well the leads carry it reminded me a bit of watching The Social Network. That's going to go down as an undeniable classic, I think.

-Vader

Brendan M. wrote:I also watched Woody Allen's Manhattan earlier in the day yesterday.
awesome, me too. netflix instant watch by any chance?

Syncopy54 wrote:
Brendan M. wrote:I also watched Woody Allen's Manhattan earlier in the day yesterday.
I watched it on instant a while ago. It's up there with his best, those being Annie Hall, Crimes and Misdemeanors, and Match Point imo.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Syncopy54 wrote:
I watched it on instant a while ago. It's up there with his best, those being Annie Hall, Crimes and Misdemeanors, and Match Point imo.

-Vader

I hear Midnight in Paris is pretty good as well.

The Great Escape - 8.2/10

I was expecting something greater...

13 Assassins

bloody as hell 8-)

The Prestige - 5/5

Alberto wrote:The Great Escape - 8.2/10

I was expecting something greater...
THe movie is nothing spectacular, but its tons of fun and you hardly notice its length.

Baconboy wrote:The Prestige - 5/5
Best. Movie. Ever.

Source code
7.9/10
nice 8-)

Shrek 4
6/10
Not even funny