Les Misérables (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The King's Speech director Tom Hooper is in talks to direct an adaptation of the musical Les Miserables for Universal, with a script by Bill Nicholson.

Based on the Victor Hugo novel, the story follows ex-con Jean Valjean as he tries to outrun his relentless pursuer Javert.

No production date has been set.
Interesting...

I hate musicles

I HATE"EM!

Not one for me, musicals are not my thing.

I think this is a really bad thing... the novel Les Mis (which is absolutely fantastic, one of my favorites) is very dark and mature. I don't think the director suits the source material. And even if it is the musical adaptation (is it?) it should still be dark.

I'm not a fan of king's speech and still angry that he got best director over fincher, so i don't really care about him. But I like the novel, and i still hope he does it justice.

I don't understand how could someone hate musicals. I can't find the ability of not adoring a fantastic musical show or movie in myself. Les Miserables musical is one of the best musical shows of all time and the material is from Victor Hugo's masterpeace and my favorite novel of all time. I'm already dying to see this movie. Danny Boyle could also have been a great choice for directing this movie.£

This has the potential to be a great movie but I'm NOT a fan of Hooper at all.

i like musicals

mastervirgo wrote:I don't understand how could someone hate musicals. I can't find the ability of not adoring a fantastic musical show or movie in myself. Les Miserables musical is one of the best musical shows of all time and the material is from Victor Hugo's masterpeace and my favorite novel of all time. I'm already dying to see this movie.
+1