Cosmopolis (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Robert Pattinson
Paul Giamatti
Juliette Binoche
Samantha Morton

"I had read the script about eight months ago and thought wow, this is something that hasn't been made in a long time," Pattinson said. "Which I think, like 'Water for Elephants' as well, I'm just trying to find that kind of stuff, because what else is the point. There's so much generic, everything's the same. So you might as well attempt to try something different."
:clap:

I didn't like the book. Don't know how it will translate to film.

cute girl cast for love interest

Y’know, there are so few auteurs left. The one thing that pisses me off about working in films is when you start a project and then, suddenly, two days before you start, there’s a massive rewrite to make an R-rated movie into something that’s PG-13, and it’s a totally different story. As soon as that line’s been crossed, you know you’re not making a movie anymore. You’re making a…a… fridge magnet. But with people like Cronenberg you know that, no matter what, there will be a movie at the end, and it will be solid and self-contained, and it’s not made for any other reason than it being a movie.
more hyping from Pattinson

Paul Giamatti's in it, I'm game.

ImageImage

DeLillo’s novel follows a day in the life of 28-year old billionaire Eric Packer, who travels across Manhattan in order to get a haircut from his preferred barber. Through a series of chance encounters with his wife, strange individuals, and his own costly financial miscalculations, Packer begins to see his world of wealth and privilege in an entirely new and unpleasant light.

Paul Giamatti is reported onboard for Cosmopolis as well and may play one of the peculiar people that Packer encounters on his journey, whose ranks include a “pastry assassin” and a “credible threat,” as they identify themselves
This should be cool. :thumbup:

There was a rumour that Knightley would be playing the role of the wife.

http://screenrant.com/david-cronenberg- ... ndy-97399/

i like her

I still think Colin Farrell was a perfect choice for this film. But a trailer or two might change my opinion.