Pacific Rim (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
thenextnolan wrote:Image
What a BOSS.

thenextnolan wrote:Image
Reminds me of Prometheus a bit :think: Very cool indeed :twothumbsup:

High Res-

del Toro:
We had a Tokyo scene that we shot here in Toronto. We had several Hong Kong scenes and a few scenes in Australia, through the television. We briefly see the kaiju take over San Francisco. The whole Pacific Rim needs a sense of danger.
We take the battles far and above! Two or three of them happen in places where there have never been a battle between kaiju and robots. From the bottom of the ocean to the atmosphere of the Earth. We have a battle in a storm at sea. Every battle we try to do differently. One is seen from the point of view of a single person. We never cut away from that point of view.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... acific-rim

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:High Res-

Daaaumn, Idris, why are you so cool! 8-)

Idris Elba is boss.

I just finished watching Evangelion, I'm ready for this movie.

Mantwiss wrote: Reminds me of Prometheus a bit :think: Very cool indeed :twothumbsup:
Don't worry, he won't abandon his team-mates to have sex.
oracle86 wrote:del Toro:
We had a Tokyo scene that we shot here in Toronto. We had several Hong Kong scenes and a few scenes in Australia, through the television. We briefly see the kaiju take over San Francisco. The whole Pacific Rim needs a sense of danger.
We take the battles far and above! Two or three of them happen in places where there have never been a battle between kaiju and robots. From the bottom of the ocean to the atmosphere of the Earth. We have a battle in a storm at sea. Every battle we try to do differently. One is seen from the point of view of a single person. We never cut away from that point of view.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... acific-rim

Woah, I really hope he can pull this off.
Do you... like pineapple?

This movie sounds ridiculously epic. Whats the budget? From what I've read, I wouldve guessed 250 million or more, but I dont see a studio giving del Toro that kind of budget. Anyone know the number on this?

Okay, wikipedia says around 200 million. Lol guess he will have to make do with that. I blame Andrew Stanton.

Idris Elba replaced Tom Cruise. Interesting.

Wiki says 200 million but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
Do you... like pineapple?