Tomb Raider (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
In a pre-emptive strike, GK Films has come on board to acquire the feature film rights to TOMB RAIDER and will reboot the successful action-adventure franchise aiming for a 2013 release for the first film.

Produced by Graham King and Tim Headington, the films will create daring new adventures for the young and dynamic Lara Croft.

GK Films acquired the film rights from interactive entertainment company, Square Enix Ltd. In Dec 2010, Square Enix subsidiary, Crystal Dynamics, revealed a new game for TOMB RAIDER based around the origins of the Lara Croft story.

“We are very excited to be rebooting what is already a hugely successful film franchise and continuing the TOMB RAIDER phenomenon,” said King.

The original game was published in 1996 by the London based video game company Eidos and became one of the most successful video games of the time. Today Eidos (including Crystal Dynamics), is part of an international interactive entertainment group, Square Enix and the stage is set for this new chapter in TOMB RAIDER history.

A pop culture phenomenon, the original TOMB RAIDER games have sold over 35million game units worldwide and Lara Croft, along with Mario Brothers is the most recognized name in gaming history.

Starring Angelina Jolie, Paramount Pictures made two movies based on the daredevil archaeologist on a series of global missions in 2001 and 2003. They grossed a total of $432m at the worldwide box office.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/gk-film ... mb-raider/

Eh. I've never seen the first two, and honestly, it doesn't look interesting.

The first one was good fun, but I haven't seen it since it released and I think I was like 10 or 11. The second I remember seeing bits of and it being regarded as a disappointing sequel.

Olivia Wilde in Croft's outfits = DREAM COME TRUE.

They better get Olivia Wilde in this movie.

Crazy Eight wrote:Olivia Wilde in Croft's outfits = DREAM COME TRUE.

This would be amazing.

Crazy Eight wrote:Olivia Wilde in Croft's outfits = DREAM COME TRUE.

Indeed, that would make Tomb Raider interesting...for a change :)

I might get kicked out of the theater for participating in a particular recreational activity if Wilde gets the part.

I love the Wilde, fanboys would hate it though because she isn't packing the ummm hardware attachment(s)

wilde, noomi, or gemma would be great choices

Gemma might be a better choice.

Mulligan would be good.