All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!

84th Academy Awards: 2012

Mantwiss wrote:
Teslashelby wrote:Give it a few years and The Artist will be forgotten whereas Tinker Tailor will be forgotten even sooner.

Fixed.

:lol: :clap:
Mantwiss wrote:
Teslashelby wrote:Give it a few years and The Artist will be forgotten whereas Tinker Tailor will be forgotten even sooner.

Fixed.

Yeah your hilarious mate, Huge box office does not equate to longevity I'm sure the Transformer franchise will prove that. Just because it doesn't appeal to a bunch dumb ass multi- plexers doesn't mean it will not endure.

The calibre of the cast will make sure this lives on, Glengarry Glen Ross was no lucrative success but that film will live on because of the quality of the writing and the cast, having said that maybe the pace of that might be a little slow for you.

Of course a plot taking it's time to develop and watching great actors tell the story must be a big ask from you and others, to think this is a Nolan fan site I'm sure Chris would agree that Tinker is a masterful film, it's the kind of thing I could see him attempting when he's older and has stretched the blockbuster medium as far as he thinks it can go.

I guess you can carry on watching the I love My Horse and That Charming French Bloke in B/W and thinking these films will fondly remembered but I guarantee you they won't, nostalgia will not endure, anyway what's wrong with watching City Lights rather than some smaltzy gimmick thinking it's clever to resurrect a format that has been obsolete for decades?

More than half the people calling it a masterpiece have probably never even watched a proper silent film and are patting themselves on the back because they think they are sophisticated.
Cilogy wrote:Image

Lmfao

If only there was a way to compile all these gifs, and add sound so you wouldn't need subtitles. Shame there isn't.
solo2001 wrote:

If only there was a way to compile all these gifs, and add sound so you wouldn't need subtitles. Shame there isn't.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of an image?
BlairCo wrote:
solo2001 wrote:If only there was a way to compile all these gifs, and add sound so you wouldn't need subtitles. Shame there isn't.

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of an image?

Oldman never went expecting to win, are you going to tell me now that this French fella who nobody had heard of till pseudo silent movie came a long compares to Gary with his body of work?

Yeah you are all clever with your abilities, the internet just creates a bunch of dicks.
Oldman, like Nolan, expects NOT TO WIN! So there.
Mr. Caine wrote:

:lol:
← Previous page Next page →
← Return to Entertainment