Django Unchained (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Here's hoping this is included somewhere in the film's soundtrack:

- Syncopy54

theweatherman wrote:So I finished the script, other than a few facepalm Tarantino cliches it is a pretty awesome script. I really like the Jamie Foxx casting, but am a bit skeptical about the Leo casting. Anyway I am very interested to see how this turns out.
Your posts are a facepalm cliche.

One meaty role left... Spencer "Big Daddy" Bennett. The way Tarantino has been going I expect a high profile name. Travolta, Bridges, Crowe, Bacon, Franco?

allstarr55js wrote:One meaty role left... Spencer "Big Daddy" Bennett. The way Tarantino has been going I expect a high profile name. Travolta, Bridges, Crowe, Bacon, Franco?
John Goodman would be perfect

Addicted2Movies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:One meaty role left... Spencer "Big Daddy" Bennett. The way Tarantino has been going I expect a high profile name. Travolta, Bridges, Crowe, Bacon, Franco?
:think: I'll allow it.

Travolta will sink the movie faster then the Titanic. PLEASE NO TRAVOLTA!!!!!!!!

allstarr55js wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:
:think: I'll allow it.
Or how about Don Johnson from Machete? I feel like he'd be a very plausible casting decision.

ThePhantomTerror wrote:
theweatherman wrote:So I finished the script, other than a few facepalm Tarantino cliches it is a pretty awesome script. I really like the Jamie Foxx casting, but am a bit skeptical about the Leo casting. Anyway I am very interested to see how this turns out.
How's the dialogue?
-ThePhantomTerror :P
I haven't read any of his other scripts, so i can't really tell if his dialogue sounds better than it reads, but I didn't think it was quite to the level of his other films.

And allstar
That scene with all the horseback riders with the masks they can't see out of was so outrageous and out of place, I felt that needed a major rewrite just so it would fit with the tone of the rest of the film. There were a few lines here and there too, that just made me roll my eyes because they were so cliched, but overall I thought it was a great script.

I was more offended by you doubting Leonardo.

theweatherman wrote:
ThePhantomTerror wrote:
How's the dialogue?
-ThePhantomTerror :P
I haven't read any of his other scripts, so i can't really tell if his dialogue sounds better than it reads, but I didn't think it was quite to the level of his other films.

And allstar
That scene with all the horseback riders with the masks they can't see out of was so outrageous and out of place, I felt that needed a major rewrite just so it would fit with the tone of the rest of the film. There were a few lines here and there too, that just made me roll my eyes because they were so cliched, but overall I thought it was a great script.

i thought that was typical Tarantino..thats his style of writing...it reminds me the scene in Resorvoir where they;re talking about tipping or madonna...it has nothing to do with the plot, but it reveals something about the characters, and its like real life....the conversations you have in real life, arent about what's going on or whats about to happen