Django Unchained (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
oracle86 wrote:His smoking pipe seems abnormally long. :eh:
That is what makes it so epic.

Pretty good photo, I guess.

SilverHeart wrote:Pretty good photo, I guess.
You guess? :roll:

Is Tarantino going for the cheap, '70's look with this film? Half of the images in the trailer were out of focus, and a ton of white levels were completely washed out. It looks like portions of the film were shot with a 5.6+ lens and cheap film stock from the '70's with a focus grip that didn't know where the lens was.

Crazy Eight wrote:Is Tarantino going for the cheap, '70's look with this film? Half of the images in the trailer were out of focus, and a ton of white levels were completely washed out. It looks like portions of the film were shot with a 5.6+ lens and cheap film stock from the '70's with a focus grip that didn't know where the lens was.
I think that's the look he's going for.

Harvey Weinstein talks about Quentin Tarantino, Leo Dicaprio's performance in Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds in this interview. Starts at 25:45 mark.

eromero wrote:Harvey Weinstein talks about Quentin Tarantino, Leo Dicaprio's performance in Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds in this interview. Starts at 25:45 mark.

i hope he's right, cause you dont sense any of that from the trailers

the worst part to me, is that even in the frames where Candie is talking, Waltz seems to be stealing the show because he is constantly behaving, and its so detailed and nuanced