Django Unchained (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:Tom Savini talks about working on the film, has rich story about QT.

Awesome post Allstar!

Loving those videos, but man he looks way too much like Charles Manson :o

Fernando wrote:Loving those videos, but man he looks way too much like Charles Manson :o
Now that I think about it...

m4st4 wrote:Image
Perfect woman is perfect.

gorgeous

Tom almost gave away the card game scene...its a brilliant scene, probably Candie's best, that reveals how much of a schemer/cheater he is

m4st4 wrote:Image
Perfect woman is perfect.
Ass is to flat.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Yeah, actually, now that D pointed that out.... :neutral: Ah, well.

Her ass is perfect, have a look at The Last King of Scotland.

Jackson is also known as one of the busiest men in Hollywood. He’s in New Orleans until June, working on Django Unchained, the drama opening in December that reunites him with his Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction and Inglourious Basterds director (Jackson narrated Basterds), Quentin Tarantino. The film is already provoking controversy for its plot about slaves in the American South and its rumoured revenge angle, not unlike Tarantino’s heralded Nazi-killer drama Inglourious Basterds.

“I describe it as a heroic love story,” said Jackson. “A guy who is a slave (Jamie Foxx) and who loses his wife (Kerry Washington) in the midst of all the madness of slavery and tries to find a way to reclaim her. And that’s a love story.”

Jackson plays Stephen, a house slave owned by brutal Mississippi plantation owner Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio). Christoph Waltz also stars.

Jackson admits the subject matter makes filming difficult at times and for a black man, playing a slave onscreen brings unique challenges.

“I have talked a lot to my grandfather and grandmother, who were one generation removed from slavery, who talked to me about their parents who were slaves, when I was young, so I understand it,” said Jackson.

“I have an historical obligation to give this character all the weight and depth I can so when people see this film, like when they see a Holocaust film, they can have a certain understanding of how horrible it was.”

Jackson, who was involved in the civil rights movement in the 1960s, said he is determined to be historically correct, “so we can tell our story in a way that hasn’t been told before.”

He credits Tarantino with helping to take the sting out of difficult days on set, when a scene weighs on the cast.

“I enjoy the filmmaking process so much,” said Jackson. “He (Tarantino) makes it a fun place to be every day. No matter how difficult the subject matter or the scene may be, it’s always a fun place to be. It’s always shot well and we do a lot of things to take (away) the nastiness of what we just did. We play music. We talk. We laugh.”
http://www.toronto.com/article/728479-- ... -unchained