Django Unchained (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Law wrote:What if Heath Ledger was Calvin Candie.. ?
Wouldn't of been as good probably.

going to see this for a 2nd time today...gave it a solid 8/10 after first viewing and it's in 8th place in my top 10 films list. Will post how I feel after a 2nd viewing later.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Image
Crayons do wonders, nice poster.

Forum Pro
Law

This .... who is this ...

Law wrote:Image

I'm pretty sure that's Amber Tamblyn. Wasn't that shot in the film?

Forum Pro
Law
BlairCo wrote:
Law wrote:Image

I'm pretty sure that's Amber Tamblyn. Wasn't that shot in the film?
It was, but I wasn't sure if it was her or not. I wonder why she took such a little role.

Law wrote:
BlairCo wrote: I'm pretty sure that's Amber Tamblyn. Wasn't that shot in the film?
It was, but I wasn't sure if it was her or not. I wonder why she took such a little role.
According to IMDB:
Russ Tamblyn, whose character in this movie is named "Son of a Gunfighter," starred in the 1965 movie Son of a Gunfighter. Tamblyn's real-life daughter, actress Amber Tamblyn plays a character in Django Unchained named "Daughter of a Son of a Gunfighter".

Saw this film again for the 2nd time today...

My rating remains unchanged. I give it a solid 8/10 perhaps an 8.5/10, with it ranking as one of my latter top 10 favorites of the 2012 year. My only qualms with the film is the pacing issues, particularly towards the end where I felt the climax came and then the movie extends itself another 20 minutes or so...also another instance I couldn't quite get over was...
why did Dr. Schultz practically guarantee his own death by deciding to shoot Calvin Candie? Certainly he would know that Candie's henchmen with a gun right behind him was going to blast him away. And I was never convinced that that was something that that character would have done anyway considering that he was a very successful and rational bounty hunter, who could have just left the plantation with Django and his wife in tow and then come back at some point in the future and snipe off Candie. It seemed almost as if Tarantino had to place this particular irrational move by the Dr. into the film in order to ensure that the audience would have its proper climax with Django returning to the plantation and killing everyone.

Skyab23 wrote:Saw this film again for the 2nd time today...

My rating remains unchanged. I give it a solid 8/10 perhaps an 8.5/10, with it ranking as one of my latter top 10 favorites of the 2012 year. My only qualms with the film is the pacing issues, particularly towards the end where I felt the climax came and then the movie extends itself another 20 minutes or so...also another instance I couldn't quite get over was...
why did Dr. Schultz practically guarantee his own death by deciding to shoot Calvin Candie? Certainly he would know that Candie's henchmen with a gun right behind him was going to blast him away. And I was never convinced that that was something that that character would have done anyway considering that he was a very successful and rational bounty hunter, who could have just left the plantation with Django and his wife in tow and then come back at some point in the future and snipe off Candie. It seemed almost as if Tarantino had to place this particular irrational move by the Dr. into the film in order to ensure that the audience would have its proper climax with Django returning to the plantation and killing everyone.
He was sickened by Candie and despised him, he also had a huge ego and did not want Candie to win, as he said..." Sorry, I couldn't resist."