Django Unchained (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:lol... sorry Allstar.

I think Inglouious is a much better movie than Django.

-Vader
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Vader182 wrote:Because A is a combination of how successful Django was as a movie, and how good of a movie it is.

-Vader
I'm not sure I follow since in your review you state it is arguably his deepest movie.

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Because A is a combination of how successful Django was as a movie, and how good of a movie it is.

-Vader
I'm not sure I follow since in your review you state it is arguably his deepest movie.
Deepest =/= best, and often has little to do with great art. Take Ivan's Childhood for instance, it's a simple simple film, but a masterful work of art.

-Vader

Allstar wrote:

-Vader
That'd be Jackie Brown.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:

-Vader
:clap: :clap: :clap:

"Well, be careful now, Dr. Schultz. You might have caught yourself a little dose of nigger love. Nigger love's a powerful emotion, boy. It's like a pool of black tar. Once it catches your ass, you're caught." - Monsieur Calvin J. Candie
Calvin was in love with a black woman and I'm pretty sure he knew it, his action compliments his words. Take Sheba for example, he pampered her, she was his personal pony, drinking champagne in a fancy dress on a couch while other ponies and slaves worked (even Coco was a worker), she got to sit in while he discussed business, he even kissed her hand & mouth (cut out the film). I find it pathetic and humorous how he labeled Dr. Shultz a nigger lover when in fact he was one. The man owned a damn club where white men took their black lovers (ponies) for romanic get aways, birthdays, dinners, ect. Leo's character shined a light on a subject that exist during slavery, white men love for black women, rather its love for one or all black women (not he be confused with the ones who just raped them for control or because his wife wasn't given him any or because black women was the only one he can have sex with before marrying a white women). Yes I know Sheba probably had no choice in being his lover and yes I also know about the scene where he tried to sell her to Scotty but I don't think he was really trying to, rather just tricking Scotty.

-Vader
I agree.

-Vader
Bane: Of course.