Django Unchained (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
allstarr55js wrote:I was more offended by you doubting Leonardo.
+1 Who in their right mind doubts Leo?!?!

CaliKid329 wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:I was more offended by you doubting Leonardo.

well...he's doubting him because this is a role Leo never played. He never played such a vile character, let alone a bad guy. All his characters are for the most part similar. He's going to have to stretch himself here. I supposed its like not believing Anne Hathaway can be a great cat woman

I feel like Leo can really nail this role. He can definitely bring the depth this character needs. Candy is a sadist...but an aristocratic sadist.

talli wrote:
CaliKid329 wrote:

well...he's doubting him because this is a role Leo never played. He never played such a vile character, let alone a bad guy. All his characters are for the most part similar. He's going to have to stretch himself here. I supposed its like not believing Anne Hathaway can be a great cat woman
But doubting one of the best actors in Hollywood is idiotic. Just because he's never played a character like that doesn't mean he can't deliver.

That's what actors do, they pretend to be other people.
I know that may come as a shock to people but its true.

CaliKid329 wrote:
talli wrote:

But doubting one of the best actors in Hollywood is idiotic. Just because he's never played a character like that doesn't mean he can't deliver.

i get it...but if you play characters too close like Leo, eventually your imagination and body get stiff...it becomes hard to venture outside of that

talli wrote:
CaliKid329 wrote:

i get it...but if you play characters too close like Leo, eventually your imagination and body get stiff...it becomes hard to venture outside of that

He has kinda played the 'same' character a lot but he's still arguably the 2nd best actor in the game today. I was always hoping Leo would switch it up a bit. I hope he does a comedy sometime soon but I doubt it.

CaliKid329 wrote:
talli wrote:

He has kinda played the 'same' character a lot but he's still arguably the 2nd best actor in the game today. I was always hoping Leo would switch it up a bit. I hope he does a comedy sometime soon but I doubt it.

i think the mark of a great actor is the ability to do comedy...that's why a lot of these comedic actors like Carell and Galifinakis, kill it when they get to play some drama

talli wrote:

i think the mark of a great actor is the ability to do comedy
...that's why a lot of these comedic actors like Carell and Galifinakis, kill it when they get to play some drama
+1

talli wrote:
CaliKid329 wrote:

i think the mark of a great actor is the ability to do comedy...that's why a lot of these comedic actors like Carell and Galifinakis, kill it when they get to play some drama
:sick:

Addicted2Movies wrote:
talli wrote:

:sick:

have you not seen Due Date...he was incredibly sympathetic and moving