Django Unchained (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Allstar wrote: Image
Brave New World

Robin wrote:6/10

shitty editing and disappointing turn by Leo
Robin's day schedule: Robin does laundry. Robin sees movies. Robins sleepy.

Allstar wrote:QT simply prefers to cast for type,it is not that hard to understand, Fincher does the same thing. Of course he may have broke the rules a few times though.
I already responded to the first part, but about Fincher.

Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden, Cate Blanchett in Benjamin Button, Jesse Eisenberg as Zuckerberg, Rooney Mara as Lisbeth, Jared Leto in Panic Room, Kevin Spacey in Se7en.

How exactly these are typecasting.

Master Virgo wrote:
Allstar wrote:QT simply prefers to cast for type,it is not that hard to understand, Fincher does the same thing. Of course he may have broke the rules a few times though.
I already responded to the first part, but about Fincher.

Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden, Cate Blanchett in Benjamin Button, Jesse Eisenberg as Zuckerberg, Rooney Mara as Lisbeth, Jared Leto in Panic Room, Kevin Spacey in Se7en.

They are all pretty obvious except Mara which was kind of impossible to typecast.

Allstar wrote:
Master Virgo wrote: I already responded to the first part, but about Fincher.

They are all pretty obvious except Mara which was kind of impossible to typecast.
Can't say I expected a better counterargument.

Master Virgo wrote:
Allstar wrote: They are all pretty obvious except Mara which was kind of impossible to typecast.
Can't say I expected a better counterargument.
Can't say I execpted you to put together common sense.

Pitt- plays a character which the main character wants to be and everyone think is "cool". Obvious choice for that is Brad Pitt.

Leto- plays a scumbag, douchey character, Leto clearly fits the bill perfectly.

Eisenberg- plays a nerdy character who needed to speak very quickly, Fincher saw this as a great fit.

Can't believe I had to explain this. :neutral:

What on earth are you even talking about?

I speak of actors' nationalities and how that can't prevent them from giving great performances as characters with different accents and birthplaces, you talk about typecasting. I speak of typecasting and you give me the argument about how they would seem fit for their characters?

Do you even realize the difference?

Of course Brad Pitt was a good choice for Durden, same with Eisenberg for Zuckerberg, but how that has to do anything with typecasting? Those characters were very different form the type they would've normally played as, at the time. Doesn't mean they wouldn't seem fit for the roles.

It's like saying DDL for Lincoln was typecasting because he seemed perfect for the role.

The point is there have been plenty of times where it has prevented an actor from giving a great performance.

A friendly notice that Quentin Tarantino will be on The Graham Norton Show next week.

Robin wrote:6/10

shitty editing and disappointing turn by Leo
I don't even know what to fucking say.