Django Unchained (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
When Pac started playing at the end I lost it

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Who Did That to You by John Legend for Best Original Song.
This.

How cool was the scene when this piece of music played?
Oh yeah and just because...

http://www.realbollywood.com/2013/01/os ... edule.html
New York, Jan 5: A test page at Oscars.com has revealed that 'Django Unchained' costume designer Sharen Davis seems to have gotten a nomination for an Academy Award.

While the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences doesn't go public with nominees for this year's Oscars until next week, its website appears to have leaked the name of one on a test page, the Mirror reported.

Vanity Fair magazine noticed that someone at Oscars.com accidentally posted a test page on the site revealing that Davis was on the shortlist for a coveted golden statue.

"This is the third Academy Award nomination for Sharen Davis. She was previously nominated for Dreamgirls (2006) and Ray (2004)," the premature text on the test page read.

After the magazine pointed out the mistake, the Academy quickly moved to scrub the website of any mention of Davis or Quentin Tarantino's film. (ANI)
I'm sure most of us have expected this to happen. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tarantino Says He Didn't Cast Idris Elba In 'Django' Because He's British... And It's An American Story

“Yeah, Idris is British and this is an American story. I think a problem with a lot of movies that deal with this issue is they cast British actors to play the Southerners and it goes a long way to distancing the movie. They put on their gargoyle masks and they do their phoney accents and you are not telling an American story any more. They are just making hay of it, whether it be James Mason in Mandingo or Michael Caine in Hurry Sundown, they get British actors to do this."
“Leo is not from the South, but pretty much every other white actor in the movie is from the South. And most of the black actors are from the South. And I’m from the South.”
:eh: QT is a boss but sometimes he says some really weird stuff. I guess DDL was also a bad choice for Lincoln because he wasn't American and Elba also shouldn't be cast as Stringer Bell in The Wire.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact ... ican-story

Master Virgo wrote::eh: QT is a boss but sometimes he says some really weird stuff.
Quentin likes to cast for type. If you payed attention to his casting over the years you would of known that.

Allstar wrote:
Master Virgo wrote::eh: QT is a boss but sometimes he says some really weird stuff.
Quentin likes to cast for type. If you payed attention to his casting over the years you would of known that.
So does the rest of Hollywood. American is not a type though. Nationality has zero to do with type. :shh:

Allstar wrote:
Doing something yourself with saying the opposite would never work is two completely different things. Streep played Tatcher and when you see the film you get this idea that no one else was better for the role.

There is no such thing as American story that can only be played by Americans. I don't get how QT thinks all the Brits would come up with phony and unbelievable accents. It's not like it's impossible or anything.

QT has done some casting against the type as well. Even though that's irrelevant to what I'm saying.

Alot of actors probably don't get jobs for the same reason, Tarantino just comes out and says it.

Master Virgo wrote:
Allstar wrote: Quentin likes to cast for type. If you payed attention to his casting over the years you would of known that.
Doing something yourself with saying the opposite would never work is two completely different things. Streep played Tatcher and when you see the film you get this idea that no one else was better for the role.

There is no such thing as American story that can only be played by Americans. I don't get how QT thinks all the Brits would come up with phony and unbelievable accents. It's not like it's impossible or anything.

QT has done some casting against the type as well. Even though that's irrelevant to what I'm saying.
QT simply prefers to cast for type,it is not that hard to understand, Fincher does the same thing. Of course he may have broke the rules a few times though.

Allstar wrote:
Master Virgo wrote: Doing something yourself with saying the opposite would never work is two completely different things. Streep played Tatcher and when you see the film you get this idea that no one else was better for the role.

QT simply prefers to cast for type,it is not that hard to understand, Fincher does the same thing. Of course he may have broke the rules a few times though.

Jamie Foxx is cast against type.