Django Unchained (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I assume this is the obligatory comeback role as previously done w/ John Travolta, Robert Forrester, and David Carradine? Good choice, Costner is underrated (he deserves some of his criticisms, but w/ the right director he can be good).

Syncopy54 wrote:I assume this is the obligatory comeback role as previously done w/ John Travolta, Robert Forrester, and David Carradine? Good choice, Costner is underrated (he deserves some of his criticisms, but w/ the right director he can be good).

Costner is still a great actor he's just done a string of real shitty movies. This will absolutely bring him back!!

This is awesome news...next year sounds like the year of the Costner with both Django and Man of Steel.

Info on Costner's character for those who did not feel like reading the whole article.
He's the sadistic trainer of the male fighting slaves who entertain the white patrons of Candyland as well as the female slaves who are forced to be prostitutes. The club and ranch are owned by Calvin Candie (DiCaprio) and Ace Woody is the one who pits the "mandingo" fighters against one another, and has little qualms about mistreating and even killing the slaves who don't measure up. The roles that DiCaprio and Costner will play are every bit as sadistic as the one that Waltz played in Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds, and while Costner is still doing fine work, this could shine a light on him the way that Pulp Fiction did for John Travolta.

allstarr55js wrote:Info on Costner's character for those who did not feel like reading the whole article.
He's the sadistic trainer of the male fighting slaves who entertain the white patrons of Candyland as well as the female slaves who are forced to be prostitutes. The club and ranch are owned by Calvin Candie (DiCaprio) and Ace Woody is the one who pits the "mandingo" fighters against one another, and has little qualms about mistreating and even killing the slaves who don't measure up. The roles that DiCaprio and Costner will play are every bit as sadistic as the one that Waltz played in Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds, and while Costner is still doing fine work, this could shine a light on him the way that Pulp Fiction did for John Travolta.
Haha when I read the script the actor who came to mind for the character was Woody Harrelson. But Kevin Costner is just as good if not better!

The cast is weird and awesome, my anticipation grows. This is still 4th or 5th most anticipated for me though.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:The cast is weird and awesome, my anticipation grows. This is still 4th or 5th most anticipated for me though.

-Vader
Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson, and now Kevin Costner...it is an odd combination haha.