Moneyball (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

:clap: :twothumbsup:

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Image

:clap: :twothumbsup:
BAMF. 8-)

i'm actually looking forward to this now :thumbup:
No doubt that Pitt gets nominated now for an Oscar. Seems well deserved too :clap:

i'm not buying oscar buzz from roeper. these guys always overhype everything

talli wrote:i'm not buying oscar buzz from roeper. these guys always overhype everything
I agree. It just has the momentum currently because really there's not much else to root for, but as we move toward the season and see more films the buzz will definitely shift.

but the thing is with oscar voters is that they are a fickle bunch and they would love to have both brad and Angelina at the ceremony.

ScreenRant rated it 4/5. :thumbup:
While Moneyball isn’t the grand slam home run that some movie (and sports) buffs might have been hoping for, the film is at least a quick mid-field grounder that gets the job done with plenty of excitement.... Despite some uneven storytelling priorities, Moneyball is definitely an enjoyable film - with some truly great performances, exciting moments, and creative cinematography.
http://screenrant.com/moneyball-reviews-benk-131901/

Cool Beanes!

Brad looks like a bad Mo-Fo, I can feel it... This is my TOP 10 for 2011.

I liked it still, but I think I would've preferred it if Soderbergh had still directed it. I felt the film lacked the kinetic energy it needed, and at times felt too quiet (not a bad thing in some cases).

Syncopy54 wrote:I liked it still, but I think I would've preferred it if Soderbergh had still directed it. I felt the film lacked the kinetic energy it needed, and at times felt too quiet (not a bad thing in some cases).
Soderbergh would of made it boring. Bennett did a great job.