The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Leo is gonna win the Golden Globe.

Vader182 wrote:Ya'll are fucking around, but I thought I'd just say if Leo keeps it up, and by all means it looks like he intends to, in 20 or 30 years time he might just have one of the most impressive acting careers of all time.

-Vader
I'd say even sooner. He already has quite the impressive filmography that would easily put him in the top 30 or so.

Seeing it tonight, cant wait. Leo is gonna kill it!!!!!!

It opens in theaters here January, 2nd. I'm extremely excited about this movie. I'm going to read the book soon.

Octaviana wrote:It opens in theaters here January, 2nd. I'm extremely excited about this movie. I'm going to read the book soon.
I thought I clicked on The Fault in Our Stars thread and was about to go crazy because you were getting it six months before us.
Last edited by BroskiSabor on December 18th, 2013, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Ya'll are fucking around, but I thought I'd just say if Leo keeps it up, and by all means it looks like he intends to, in 20 or 30 years time he might just have one of the most impressive acting careers of all time.
I'd say even sooner. He already has quite the impressive filmography that would easily put him in the top 30 or so.
Yeah, his career so far has been insanely impeccable. Frankly, I really can't remember if he's ever sucked in a movie.

IMHO, this looks to be the first Scorsese film where Leo is perfectly cast. Im not saying he wasnt good in The Departed or The Aviator, but I dont feel he was the best choice for those roles - that goes double for Gangs of New York.

This one seems tailor made for him, the way EVERYBODY in Goodfellas seemed tailor made for their roles (even the guy who played Jimmy Two Times). And a comedy feels right for (my good pal) Marty at this juncture.

If the timing is right, a WoWS and American Hustle double feature might be in order. [insert Homer drooling gif here]

BroskiSabor wrote:
Octaviana wrote:It opens in theaters here January, 2nd. I'm extremely excited about this movie. I'm going to read the book soon.
I thought I clicked on The Fault in Our Stars shit and was about to go crazy because you were getting it six months before us.
Hahaha, no way. Here, in Argentina? The only movie that is gonna open here before it opens in USA is Interstellar. Only for a day.
I was furious because The wolf of wall street was planned to hit theaters in February, but now they reconsidered it.

Great Film
Last edited by celibate on December 19th, 2013, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just got back..and man was it a wild film. Unfortunately I felt it could of been shorter, and most everyone in the theater felt the length. It had some amazing scenes though, and at times was very special. Right now I will say 2nd best of the year, which for me is a little bit of a let down. haha

LEO KILLS IT