The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Sandy wrote:
Allstar wrote:Belfort was truly a despicable human being indeed.
Leo's depiction was oddly inspiring though, don't you think?
Almost all the scenes that he spoke to his workers were very inspiring.

Sandy wrote:
Allstar wrote:Belfort was truly a despicable human being indeed.
Leo's depiction was oddly inspiring though, don't you think?
It was a brilliant performance because of that because all the evidence shows the guy is a complete scumbag.

Jonah's slo-mo with opera background... Can't believe how much I laughed out loud, completely unhinged; everyone was pissing their pants in the theatre most of the time.

Yesterday, I went to the premiere here. It was amazing! Leo and Marty worked their magic again.

One thing that surprised me a lot was Matthew McConaughey. He stole that scene! :o

Mcconaughey is having one hell of a renaissance.* Hell, I couldve made a case that Dave Wooderson represented his peak as an actor and icon as recently as five years ago. Clearly hes got a new strategy for choosing roles/projects. Can't wait for the new series.

On topic: Still havent seen this. Maybe on Saturday. Curious: Is there any validity to the criticism from some circles that the film glorifies these characters by eliminating/downplaying consequences for the sake of entertainment? Spoiler-free thoughts?

*So is Harrelson to a lesser extent (hes been consistently good in smaller roles for years).

Joeyjojo72 wrote:Mcconaughey is having one hell of a renaissance.* Hell, I couldve made a case that Dave Wooderson represented his peak as an actor and icon as recently as five years ago. Clearly hes got a new strategy for choosing roles/projects. Can't wait for the new series.

On topic: Still havent seen this. Maybe on Saturday. Curious: Is there any validity to the criticism from some circles that the film glorifies these characters by eliminating/downplaying consequences for the sake of entertainment? Spoiler-free thoughts?

*So is Harrelson to a lesser extent (hes been consistently good in smaller roles for years).
No, plain and simple. There's a scene that completely erases any doubt, or two. And I'm sure Marty and Leo talked about that scene in particular, while (maybe) feeling exactly the same.

STEEEEEEEVEEEEE MADDEEEEEEEEEEEN! WOMEEEEEEN'S SHOOOOEEEES. :lol: