Stoker (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
According to The L.A. Times both Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman (pictured right) are in talks to star in Chan-Wook Park's Stoker.

Firth, the British actor receiving major Oscar buzz for his portrayal of King George VI in The King's Speech, is negotiating to join the family mystery-drama that South Korean filmmaker Chan Wook-Park (Oldboy, Thirst) is making as his first English-language movie.

Nicole Kidman, herself gaining award-season buzz for her turn as a grieving mother in Rabbit Hole, is also negotiating to come aboard in a lead part.

Penned by actor Wentworth Miller, Stoker tells of a girl and her mother who are visited by a mysterious uncle after the girl's father dies. Kidman would play the mother and Firth the uncle. The Fox Searchlight film, which is being produced by Ridley Scott's production company and will star Mia Wasikowska as the girl, India Stoker, is set to start shooting in late spring.
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/42519/ ... nt=Twitter
Last edited by thenextnolan on February 12th, 2011, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

This sounds good. Mia Wasikowska is really doing some great things with this and Wettest County of course.

Holy shit.

Pretty decent director, might see it.

chee wrote:Pretty decent director, might see it.
Well, I mean. I feel Oldboy's a total masterpiece. ...None of his other films really have that though.

Oldboy was borderline amazing so i will definetley check this out. & The fact that Colin firth, Nicole kidman & Mia waskikowska are gonna appear in the film.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

Vader182 wrote:
chee wrote:Pretty decent director, might see it.
Well, I mean. I feel Oldboy's a total masterpiece. ...None of his other films really have that though.
Yea. Thirst was a terrible film, IMO.

chee wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
Yea. Thirst was a terrible film, IMO.
IMO I actually havent seen thirst.

Yeah... it was pretty bad. The other films in the vengeance trilogy range from good sometimes to terrible. How some people can debate which is best is beyond me.

I thought that movie would never end, it was quite annoying. :\

Not gonna see the other Vengeance movies, I'll stick with Oldboy.