Doctor Who (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I agree. As I stated before, I'm worried they'll change core aspects of the character and such (as they did with Missy) simply because The Doctor is now a female. Or they'll try to overcompensate due to how much backlash there is. I'm excited it's a new showrunner and they finally got rid of Moffat but time will tell if they manage to pull this off.

Instead of a bombastic, action-packed send-off, we got a quiet, contemplative look into the Doctor, his nature, death, life, remembering and moving on.

It remembers the old with fondness, and embraces the new with sincerity. What could come across as cheesy instead came across as sweet. No end of the world, just an end of an era. It's a far better farewell than Tennant or Smith got.

Goodbye Peter Capaldi, goodbye Steven Moffat. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go dry my eyes.

darthnazgul wrote:Instead of a bombastic, action-packed send-off, we got a quiet, contemplative look into the Doctor, his nature, death, life, remembering and moving on.

It remembers the old with fondness, and embraces the new with sincerity. What could come across as cheesy instead came across as sweet. No end of the world, just an end of an era. It's a far better farewell than Tennant or Smith got.

Goodbye Peter Capaldi, goodbye Steven Moffat. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go dry my eyes.
Finally saw the episode today. And, yeah, it was a sweet ending without being dramatic.

Also, Murray Gold isn't returning as the composer for this series.

Murray Gold's gone? :|

Welp...

I reeeeally like her boots. Like really.

I’ll get back to Who for this, see what happens.

He is also notoriously difficult to work with and probably didn’t even like the role to begin with. A shame.

m4st4 wrote:
February 21st, 2018, 1:57 am
I reeeeally like her boots. Like really.

I’ll get back to Who for this, see what happens.
Finally started my rewatch of Who. Started with s05 cause I have no time to do the whole(new Who) thing. Smith is just always so fascinating to watch.

Heard Chibnail wants to up the overall quality of the production and Who itself by introducing even larger time gaps between the seasons, from 18 months (most likely) up to two years.

The cast and crew of s11 will be on SDCC next month so we can expect a trailer.

Also, managed to watch Jodie Whittaker in Broadchurch and she will nail this. Totally different ballpark but she’s a capable actress.

A clip and couple of pics have leaked... it’s legit stuff.

She’s like a mixture of Tennant and Smith, just perfect. :D

Edit: BR2049 team is doing VFX. What.