Doctor Who (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
Havoc1st wrote:So that emoji robot episode... was a fun/enjoyble episode surprsingly. But man, the resolution of the story felt rushed.
This is like the biggest problem I have with Moffat.

Also, is it true that "Pilot" can be taken as a new beginning for the series (as in, I don't have to watch the rest of Series 9 that I missed?)
Sure. If you wanna skip the most critically lauded series of Doctor Who ever, go for it.

Apparently prior to his death John Hurt did a bunch of Big Finish audio recordings set during the Time War. That ought to be interesting.

I'm definitely enjoying this season so far. Bill is a better companion than expected and as always I am loving Capaldi. I don't want (him) to go.
SilverHeart wrote:Apparently prior to his death John Hurt did a bunch of Big Finish audio recordings set during the Time War. That ought to be interesting.
There was one that was released shortly after his death, actually. Been meaning to give it a listen.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Havoc1st wrote:So that emoji robot episode... was a fun/enjoyble episode surprsingly. But man, the resolution of the story felt rushed.
This is like the biggest problem I have with Moffat.

Also, is it true that "Pilot" can be taken as a new beginning for the series (as in, I don't have to watch the rest of Series 9 that I missed?)
Sure. If you wanna skip the most critically lauded series of Doctor Who ever, go for it.

Oh there is a very, VERY interesting rumor about the finale/Christmas special, and if so it's a hell of a doozy. Tagged for possible major spoilers.
A multi-doctor story featuring the First and Twelfth Doctors, with David Bradley actually playing the First Doctor.
Which is supported by the confirmed return of
The Mondasian Cybermen: the pair teaming up before the Firsts death?
Also presumably to start the calculation to save Gallifrey from Day of the Doctor. It's also a fucking great way to sendoff Capaldi: he actually watched the show since the Hartnell days.

Remember how people wished to see more of Jacobi as the Master?

Well it's happening!

That finale...

Spoilers for the finale and Christmas Special:
I'm excited.

Newest on the rumor mill for #13 is
Olivia Colman.

My fingers are still crossed that Richard Ayoade will be the 13th doctor.

SilverHeart wrote:Newest on the rumor mill for #13 is
Olivia Colman.
I'd be a little surprised if that was true. Ratings for the show were peak under Tennant and Smith and its cultural impact was peak, too. They're probably gonna go for another late-20's to mid-30's dude with loads of energy and a hip sense of humor.