BBC's Doctor Who

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Posts: 13943
Joined: June 2009
Location: La La Land
Bacon wrote:
Havoc1st wrote:So that emoji robot episode... was a fun/enjoyble episode surprsingly. But man, the resolution of the story felt rushed.
This is like the biggest problem I have with Moffat.

Also, is it true that "Pilot" can be taken as a new beginning for the series (as in, I don't have to watch the rest of Series 9 that I missed?)
Sure. If you wanna skip the most critically lauded series of Doctor Who ever, go for it.

Posts: 16715
Joined: March 2012
Apparently prior to his death John Hurt did a bunch of Big Finish audio recordings set during the Time War. That ought to be interesting.

Posts: 7450
Joined: February 2012
I'm definitely enjoying this season so far. Bill is a better companion than expected and as always I am loving Capaldi. I don't want (him) to go.
SilverHeart wrote:Apparently prior to his death John Hurt did a bunch of Big Finish audio recordings set during the Time War. That ought to be interesting.
There was one that was released shortly after his death, actually. Been meaning to give it a listen.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Havoc1st wrote:So that emoji robot episode... was a fun/enjoyble episode surprsingly. But man, the resolution of the story felt rushed.
This is like the biggest problem I have with Moffat.

Also, is it true that "Pilot" can be taken as a new beginning for the series (as in, I don't have to watch the rest of Series 9 that I missed?)
Sure. If you wanna skip the most critically lauded series of Doctor Who ever, go for it.

Posts: 16715
Joined: March 2012
Oh there is a very, VERY interesting rumor about the finale/Christmas special, and if so it's a hell of a doozy. Tagged for possible major spoilers.
A multi-doctor story featuring the First and Twelfth Doctors, with David Bradley actually playing the First Doctor.
Which is supported by the confirmed return of
The Mondasian Cybermen: the pair teaming up before the Firsts death?
Also presumably to start the calculation to save Gallifrey from Day of the Doctor. It's also a fucking great way to sendoff Capaldi: he actually watched the show since the Hartnell days.

Posts: 16715
Joined: March 2012
Remember how people wished to see more of Jacobi as the Master?

Well it's happening!

Posts: 7996
Joined: October 2012
Location: Gran Pulse
That finale...

Image

Posts: 5435
Joined: June 2012
Location: Free
Spoilers for the finale and Christmas Special:
Image
I'm excited.

Posts: 16715
Joined: March 2012
Newest on the rumor mill for #13 is
Olivia Colman.

Posts: 389
Joined: March 2017
My fingers are still crossed that Richard Ayoade will be the 13th doctor.

Posts: 13943
Joined: June 2009
Location: La La Land
SilverHeart wrote:Newest on the rumor mill for #13 is
Olivia Colman.
I'd be a little surprised if that was true. Ratings for the show were peak under Tennant and Smith and its cultural impact was peak, too. They're probably gonna go for another late-20's to mid-30's dude with loads of energy and a hip sense of humor.

Post Reply