Oz: The Great and Powerful (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
After Downey Jr dropped out, there was talk of Depp doing it, but apparently Raimi is talking James Franco into taking the role

which means we may get to see Franco do his wildest characterization yet....color me interested

while Franco is very much hit or miss for me, i do credit him for being brave and risking it in his choices of how to play a characters...he is certainly more braver than many of his counterparts, i.e. JGL

i still think Pineapple Express is his best role to date

I wish RDJ was still doing it he would have been genius.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I wish RDJ was still doing it he would have been genius.
he wouldve been, but im more interested in seeing Franco give it a try...seems like a bigger risk

This a remake of Wizard of Oz, or is it a spin-off?

chee wrote:This a remake of Wizard of Oz, or is it a spin-off?

origin story about the wizard

The origin tale follows the Wizard back when he was a young illusionist with a grandiose attitude who is forced to flee a traveling circus. His life takes an interesting turn when his hot air balloon is swept up by a tornado to the land of Oz, then run by two magical wicked witches.

talli wrote:
chee wrote:This a remake of Wizard of Oz, or is it a spin-off?

origin story about the wizard

The origin tale follows the Wizard back when he was a young illusionist with a grandiose attitude who is forced to flee a traveling circus. His life takes an interesting turn when his hot air balloon is swept up by a tornado to the land of Oz, then run by two magical wicked witches.
Hmm, sounds interesting.

talli wrote:he wouldve been, but im more interested in seeing Franco give it a try...seems like a bigger risk
I agree i feel Robert would have pulled it off with such ease but im definitely interested in Franco possibly taking on the challenge.

Only problem is Franco stinks in Sam Raimi films check out Spider-Man 3.

allstarr55js wrote:Only problem is Franco stinks in Sam Raimi films check out Spider-Man 3.

well...he was a bad actor at that time...his acting was full of cliches (i.e. cocking his head back, squinting his eyes...brooding...abusing his smile...talking really slow in a low voice)

he changed a lot as an actor

Was Tom Hardy ever a bad actor or was he always sheer brilliant?