All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Multiple sites posting the artwork say that nobody wants Avatar sequels mainly because it hasn't had so much influence in pop-culture or culture any which way. While there is truth to that, I think people will flock out to see it. Definitely the first sequel. Maybe Cameron has done it again and he wows us on a story level too like with Aliens and T2.

It's still some two years away and I think any sort of marketing will likely begin at the end of this year if not early next year.

Reminder that Avatar rules, Actually*. One of the most beautifully directed blockbusters of the last 20 years.

-Vader

I mean, ikr?

If Avatar was released today, a large part of film twitter would obsess over it "borrowing" Native American tropes and having a "white savior" lead character.

radewart wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 9:47 pm
If Avatar was released today, a large part of film twitter would obsess over it "borrowing" Native American tropes and having a "white savior" lead character.
are you unaware that was already the reaction in '09

-Vader

Yes, I should of mentioned that it would be a lot bigger deal in today's social media climate. Coverage would be picked up a lot more in the mainstream media

Cameron was asked about it by every other major publication for like 6 months lol

I do think we live in an unfortunately reactionary "hot take" culture, but these types of reactions weren't born on twitter in the last few years. Twitter, like all of the internet, is good or bad depending how you use it. Film Twitter is no exception. There have always been outlets with good or bad takes.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 3:38 pm
Reminder that Avatar rules, Actually*. One of the most beautifully directed blockbusters of the last 20 years.

-Vader
Truth.

And, isn't that like every movie he directed? Superb blockbusters with pedigre.
Now where are my Abyss/True Lies blurays???

^ :cry: :cry: :cry: still not with us

In other news, Avatar 2 has not been delayed due to being so damned far away from the corona virus! But stay tuned! You never know how many extra years James needs