All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I see. I thought you meant "deep" subtextually. Pardon my confusion.

Movie of the decade? hahaha poor thing. It looks good but blows in storytelling and dialog - and that counts. The effects will age in time, the story won't. There is a reason why people go back watching The Godfather.. Avatar is like Backstreet Boys - extremely popular when they (it) came out, but soon became the laughing stock. Avatar isn't ANY better than let's say the first Pirates of the Caribbean film.

Tell me why this is a great film besides the effects? A retard could come up with a less cliché and engaging story. If you want to see an CGI-Movie and get emotional -watch Up or Wall-E.
@sammyjankis88

imo, not all characters were black and white

the two antagonists were... stephen lang, and giovanni ribisi were very twisted.

sam worthington, zoe seldana, and the rest of the main na'vi characters weren't black and white. I think this movie was deeper than dark knight. Dark Knight was more of a magic show, the characters were very interesting, but it didnt move me emotionally. There's nothing emotional about the movie, imo. Avatar, did that. I think it was the na'vi relationship to nature that is driving force in this movie, and if you were open to that, it would have been hard to not be moved by the story.[/quote]

I 'm a very open person is just that Avatar don't get me anywhere. It was like watching Pocahontas all over again. Wall-e is a much driving force for me. It is my opinion. Sorry.
I'm glad that you feel that way. I'm not.
TDK freaking me out the first time I watched it. The fact that someone that the joker can exist in this world it's terrible. And sadly this kind of people exist but they don't paint his faces.

Cameron made an universal story not much different to titanic. And that disapoint me. I was expect much more from him.

Robin wrote:Movie of the decade? hahaha poor thing. It looks good but blows in storytelling and dialog - and that counts. The effects will age in time, the story won't. There is a reason why people go back watching The Godfather.. Avatar is like Backstreet Boys - extremely popular when they (it) came out, but soon became the laughing stock. Avatar isn't ANY better than let's say the first Pirates of the Caribbean film.

Tell me why this is a great film besides the effects? A retard could come up with a less cliché and engaging story. If you want to see an CGI-Movie and get emotional -watch Up or Wall-E.
You are so right...I need to see The goodfather with urgency right now.

apw
Avatar reminded me of The Lion King.

apw wrote:Avatar reminded me of The Lion King.
:eh:

Avatar is not the best film of the decade, but it is one of them. It's creativty and beauty alone put it up their with the best, and the story was just as used as any other story.

Robin wrote:Movie of the decade? hahaha poor thing. It looks good but blows in storytelling and dialog - and that counts. The effects will age in time, the story won't. There is a reason why people go back watching The Godfather.. Avatar is like Backstreet Boys - extremely popular when they (it) came out, but soon became the laughing stock. Avatar isn't ANY better than let's say the first Pirates of the Caribbean film.

i was moved by the Na'vi's way of life, but i cant really describe why this movie was so great...its an intangible thing....the intangible things we get from movies are what make them good, and you cant put these things into words.

AVATAR passed The Dark Knight in Worldwide Box Office yesterday. It's only a matter of weeks before it passes The Dark Knight domestic. At the rate it's going it has a shot at beating out Titanic for number one spot. Boo Ya.