All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The making of The Abyss is a must watch tbh

Surely Avatar 2 will make enough money to give 4 and 5 the go ahead.

Nomis wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 10:23 am
Yeah even if the whole things costs a billion or more, they'll make profit even with the first one

I highly doubt that Avatar 2 will come close to the numbers of the first one. I doubt it will reach a billion at this stage. It's been dead in the geek and movie culture since basically a year after it was released. Nobody really cares about it anymore.

The only reason I'd give it a shot at this moment is Cameron. He has a magic touch that makes him invulnerable to any box office predictions. People doubted Titanic, they doubted Avatar and he always had the last laugh. Maybe he'll surprise us again but if it were to release right now, without extensive marketing or a new gimmick, it would bomb.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 10:30 am
Nomis wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 10:23 am
Yeah even if the whole things costs a billion or more, they'll make profit even with the first one
Same, I wouldn't be surprised if the first sequel makes more than $1,5 billion.

Ace

commander coffee v2?

Before we talk about Alita: Battle Angel, can you give us a sneaky update on how the Avatar sequels and the Terminator reboot are going?

Sure. Well, where we are with Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5 is we've done all the performance capture on two and three and part of four and we'll do the live action starting in May in New Zealand for about four months. The live action is a relatively small part of the films overall, but there are several live action characters that go through a lot of the CG scenes so it's about integrating the live characters into the CG scenes. Kind of the opposite of Alita where we had a few CG characters mostly integrated into live action settings. We had the reverse issue on the Avatar films. I've got a couple of human characters integrated into the Na'vi rainforest, oceans, mountains, that sort of thing. We'll shoot that 3D, so everything is going to look spectacular. That sets the bar for the CG guys at WETA. I think the films are going to look amazing.

Technically speaking, all four of the sequels are greenlit, but clearly, in the real world, we would be taking some kind of an off-ramp I would think and won't be finishing four or five if they don't do well. Just to clarify because it's been said that four and five aren't greenlit, they are and we have been working on them