Lawless (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
CaliKid329 wrote:
Allstar wrote: That is not what they are doing. It seems Harvey is doing all he can to make sure this does not get awards attention.

If he was doing that he would have kept in April, a month where a movie stands no chance of awards attention.

I think the move to August is for money. This movie hasn't gotten a lot of exposure or hype so its now going to come off of the heels of The Dark Knight Rises in August and ride the Tom Hardy train to try and get people into the theater.

Harvey Weinstein's explanation on release date: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/ ... stein.html
“We have a star in Tom Hardy who’s completely anonymous right now. If you go to a line at the ArcLight nobody would know who he is,” Weinstein told 24 Frames. But the film executive said that it would change with the release of Hardy’s Batman picture (Hardy plays the villain, Bane) in July. “He’s going to be a huge movie star by August,” Weinstein said.

Weinstein, who said he believed performances from Hardy and LaBeouf would attract awards attention, also said that the new date would allow the film to play at at least one major international festival.

“The idea is to go to Venice and then hit the domestic market right after,” he said. It was a tack Weinstein said was taken by “The Constant Gardener,” Fenrando Mereilles' 2005 John le Carre adaptation; the movie, released by Focus Features in late summer, went on to gross $33 million domestically and $48 million internationally.

Labor Day is typically considered a very slow weekend in U.S. moviegoing, but Weinstein noted that “it can be a great bridge between the summer and the fall. And we wanted the holiday weekend for the movie, especially down South, where there’s a big audience for this film.”

While a movie’s period setting usually dictates a limited release, Weinstein said he saw “Wettest County” as a wide play and planned on opening it in several thousand theaters.

Dragon_316ca wrote:Harvey Weinstein's explanation on release date: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/ ... stein.html
“We have a star in Tom Hardy who’s completely anonymous right now. If you go to a line at the ArcLight nobody would know who he is,” Weinstein told 24 Frames. But the film executive said that it would change with the release of Hardy’s Batman picture (Hardy plays the villain, Bane) in July. “He’s going to be a huge movie star by August,” Weinstein said.

Weinstein, who said he believed performances from Hardy and LaBeouf would attract awards attention, also said that the new date would allow the film to play at at least one major international festival.

“The idea is to go to Venice and then hit the domestic market right after,” he said. It was a tack Weinstein said was taken by “The Constant Gardener,” Fenrando Mereilles' 2005 John le Carre adaptation; the movie, released by Focus Features in late summer, went on to gross $33 million domestically and $48 million internationally.

Labor Day is typically considered a very slow weekend in U.S. moviegoing, but Weinstein noted that “it can be a great bridge between the summer and the fall. And we wanted the holiday weekend for the movie, especially down South, where there’s a big audience for this film.”

While a movie’s period setting usually dictates a limited release, Weinstein said he saw “Wettest County” as a wide play and planned on opening it in several thousand theaters.
No longer mad at Harvey.

Forum Pro
Law
On set

Everytime I see a new post here I hope it's the trailer :(

Alberto wrote:Everytime I see a new post here I hope it's the trailer :(
I know, I get so disappointed. I need a trailer for this and Cogan's Trade within the next month or I might die.

Forum Pro
Law
CaliKid329 wrote:
Alberto wrote:Everytime I see a new post here I hope it's the trailer :(
I know, I get so disappointed. I need a trailer for this and Cogan's Trade within the next month or I might die.
A picture is nice though, especially with the look of Tom's hair

Me and Tom Hardy on the set of Wettest County in the world. What a great actor and fun guy to work with.

mchekhov wrote:Image

Me and Tom Hardy on the set of Wettest County in the world. What a great actor and fun guy to work with.
No trailer :(