What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RomanM wrote:You do know that's not his film right?
You do know that he wrote the film right?

the big lebowski (1998)-9.75/10
cant get enough of this F'N funny movie.

Little fockers (2010)-5.75/10
This fucking sucked. i mean, i loved the 1st one, really liked the 2nd & the 3rd one is just bad.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

RIFA wrote:
RomanM wrote:You do know that's not his film right?
You do know that he wrote the film right?
Yeah, but he didn't direct it... Burton isn't renowned for his writing either :roll:

Black Swan 8.2/10
Natalie Portman was absolutely captivating both emotionally and in her dancing. It is beautifully shot as well, Aronofsky deserves a lot of credit. But I found some of the "twists" a bit far out there for my liking. I see why they were used and they were effective at getting the audience to feel how Nina does, just not something i particularly liked. Overall though, It was a very unique and emotionally powerful movie.

jr724 wrote:Black Swan 8.2/10
Natalie Portman was absolutely captivating both emotionally and in her dancing. It is beautifully shot as well, Aronofsky deserves a lot of credit. But I found some of the "twists" a bit far out there for my liking. I see why they were used and they were effective at getting the audience to feel how Nina does, just not something i particularly liked. Overall though, It was a very unique and emotionally powerful movie.
I watched it last night. But think it's worthy of a 9-9.5/10. I was blown away. And the twists had to feel 'out-there' as they really helped the viewer experience what she had experienced, and the shocks that came along with that. I think Aronofsky did an amazing job, I love the way it was shot and edited, and found the ending.. just so powerful. :mrgreen:

I watched it last night. But think it's worthy of a 9-9.5/10. I was blown away. And the twists had to feel 'out-there' as they really helped the viewer experience what she had experienced, and the shocks that came along with that. I think Aronofsky did an amazing job, I love the way it was shot and edited, and found the ending.. just so powerful.
i agree but i think i found out why i couldnt give it a 9/10. it was because, in my opinion, some of the twists were typical horror cliche's that felt kinda out of place. last 19 minutes were gr8 though.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

Would you guys recommend The Fighter or Black Swan?

I'm thinking about seeing one of those movies next week.

chee wrote:Would you guys recommend The Fighter or Black Swan?

recommend both. black swan is a 8.75/10 for me, which is borderline amazing. the fighter gets a 9.75/10 which is #4 on my top 10 of 2010. you have to check out both of them sometime. do what i do sometime, pay for one & sneak into another. :lol:

chee wrote:Would you guys recommend The Fighter or Black Swan?

Defiantly The Fighter I thought Black Swan was very good but Christian Bale was astonishing.

Just saw the Fighter. Very good film, Christian is fantastic. I didn't like it enough to place it over Blue Valentine and definitely not enough to take down Black Swan, but it's a solid film. It needed a proper score, I love some of the songs in the film, but it does nothing for the film as a whole. I also thought some of the boxing choreography could have been better. Whalberg did what was required of him for the film to work, nothing more. He didn't bother me in the slightest.

9/10