Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Planets of the Apes prequel. November 2011

first production still...not very exciting..just franco

a scientist working on a cure for Alzheimer's by testing on apes.[2] When test subject Caesar suddenly begins to mutate rapidly, the scientist takes him home to remove him from the cruel lab doctors.

An origin story set in present day San Francisco, where man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy.

cast:
Andy Serkis as a CGI ape
James Franco,
Freida Pinto,
John Lithgow,
Brian Cox
and Tom Felton.

:wtf:

Doesn't sound too good, first impressions that is.

Prequels suck.

I'm not that interested in the movie but what I do find interesting is the cast like Jon Lithgow and Tom Felton :think:

Uhm this is an awkward idea. Of all things I never imagined they'd decide to make a prequel to this franchise.

prince0gotham wrote:Uhm this is an awkward idea. Of all things I never imagined they'd decide to make a prequel to this franchise.
No kidding its only been done twice before, who could think of something like this.

MrG
I thought Franco was the ape and Serkis was the human. Then whose Tom Felton? Ape or man? :crazy:

MrG wrote:I thought Franco was the ape and Serkis was the human. Then whose Tom Felton? Ape or man? :crazy:

serkis is the only ape

How come there aren't any movies with FRIENDLY smart evolved humanoid creatures (not aliens)? Always going with the war aspect. D:

I think smart apes and humans would get along quite swimmingly, aside from the crazy Creationists. :ugeek:

But I guess that's not dramatic enough. :JGLface:

chee wrote:How come there aren't any movies with FRIENDLY smart evolved humanoid creatures (not aliens)? Always going with the war aspect. D:

I think smart apes and humans would get along quite swimmingly, aside from the crazy Creationists. :ugeek:

But I guess that's not dramatic enough. :JGLface:

because its competition of species...their nature, as our nature, would cause them to feel threatened and in order to survive they would have to resort to violent means