Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
theweatherman wrote:Firstshowing just tweeted that every piece of footage that they showed was better than every trailer we've seen. That's exciting especially since the latest couple of trailers have been pretty awesome.
Nice. How ironic would it be if this ends up being the film of the summer?
Well the cinematography looks pretty awesome, the CGI is fantastic (complain all you want, but this is as good as Avatar), and Franco seems to have done very well with the role. Add to all that, the fact that the original is one of my all time favorite scifi's, this has always been on my must see list.

I still don't really get what the story is though... are we just watching monkeys go nuts for 2 hours?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I still don't really get what the story is though... are we just watching monkeys go nuts for 2 hours?

-Vader
yes.

Vader182 wrote:I still don't really get what the story is though... are we just watching monkeys go nuts for 2 hours?

-Vader

the story is about what happens when an innocent conscious being observes the world that it lives in and responds accordingly....a little bit of a frankenstein thrown in there

-Vader
This movie makes me think it's just like Deep Blue Sea, except they replaced the sharks with monkeys. :|

I think this will be the surprise movie of the summer...maybe even the best since their hasn't been much to top haha.

i think Crazy Stupid Love is probably the movie of the summer...but if you're talking blockbusters, it will be between Rise and C & A

If it's an action movie it'll suck. They need to focus it on the philosophy of the concept (like the original did) then it'll be pretty good. It looks like they're doing the latter, so I have hope for it. Still, if it's just a monkey rampage with Franco then I'll be pissed.

"James Franco really dove into the role with me. He was a dream to work with." - Andy Serkis

the movie is told from the point of view of Ceaser. And the way the story is told, you will emotionally connect with him.

You’re essentially James Franco’s nemesis in the movie.How did you find working with him? Very cool.He struck me immediately as one of those intelligent guys that you have to watch what you say around because you’re nervous in his presence.I’m usually fairly cool among names but there was something about him.I’m sounding like a 13-year-old girl now…
Do you have man crush on James Franco? I think I do!I was buckling at the knees!But no to be fair he just has a real presence..
Tom Felton

this shit is ognna be just as good TDKR