Prometheus (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This sounds to good.... an original Sci Fi Epic! Ridley going back to his roots.
Source: 20th Century Fox January 14, 2011

Twentieth Century Fox announced today that Ridley Scott will direct Prometheus, an original science fiction epic, for worldwide release on March 9, 2012. The initial draft of the script was written by Jon Spaihts (The Darkest Hour) from Scott's idea. Damon Lindelof ("Lost," Star Trek) and Scott have since been working together on the current version which has expanded the story into new directions.

Story details are being closely guarded so as not to spoil surprises for moviegoers, but Scott explained the outlines of the film and its genesis as follows: "While 'Alien' was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of 'Alien's' DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn't be more pleased to have found the singular tale I'd been searching for, and finally return to this genre that's so close to my heart."

"In a world flooded with prequels, sequels and reboots," said Lindelof. "I was incredibly struck by just how original Ridley's vision was for this movie. It's daring, visceral and hopefully, the last thing anyone expects. When I sat in a movie theater as a kid, feet raised off the floor for fear that something might grab my ankles, I never dreamed in my wildest imagination I would one day get to collaborate with the man responsible for it. Working alongside him has been nothing short of a dream come true."

Of the five major roles to be cast, Noomi Rapace is the first actor signed to star in the film. The young Swedish actress landed the role of scientist Elizabeth Shaw after Scott saw her portrayal of fictional Lisbeth Salander in the film The Girl With a Dragon Tattoo, for which she was lauded by Time magazine as a 2010 Performance of the Year. Rapace starred in all three entries of the breakout global franchise based on Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy of books (The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest are the other two entries), which have collectively grossed more than $212 million worldwide.

The other major roles will be cast shortly.

Read more: Ridley Scott's Prometheus Coming March 9, 2012! - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... z1B3aus7s2

Sounds awesome, can't wait!

*sees 20th Century Fox as the studio*
Don't let me down, Fox. :JGLface:

AWESOME! dont fuck this up fox.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Ridley will not let the Studio get in his way.

damon must have came up with a genius idea.

the name Prometheus alone is epic if you know the myth

I wonder if the themes of the myth have anything to do with the themes in the movie. Because that could be pretty cool.

OMG RIDLEY on another SCI-FI.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

RIFA wrote:OMG RIDLEY on another SCI-FI.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
I do not get it.

theweatherman wrote:I wonder if the themes of the myth have anything to do with the themes in the movie. Because that could be pretty cool.

i have no doubt about it

i hope noomi is good in it...actually...its not a character part, you can pretty much play yourself in an action movie and itll be good if youre spontaneous and truthful

but i thought her performance in dragon tattoo was so overrated...she didn't let the wardrobe affect her body language one bit...it was like an abercrombie girl who dressed up goth for holloween but knows nothing about it

This sounds awesome! Can't wait! :D