Prometheus (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIFA wrote:
Threshold wrote: I saw in a gif someone posted up (Mason?)
that
an Alien was there? So how is it not a prequel if it features Alien?
That isn't THE alien. It features no xenomorph. The movie goes into an entirely new direction...
That was the interview I posted on the last page. I thought it was pretty good. I liked what Lindelof said. I think I'll enjoy his "flawed" (to quote the critics) script.

He basically confirmed while being ferociously subtle that there's a sequel planned in the future.

Yeah, Ridley pretty much already said that a while ago. I expect another one eventually. Ridley is busy now, though. He's got The Counselor next and than it seems like after that he is working on the Blade Runner follow up and than there was also Gertrude Bell (and the Brave New World film adaption that hasn't been spoken about in a while but was never officially cancelled) so I have no idea when he'll get around to Prometheus 2, or whatever they'll call it.

RIFA wrote:He basically confirmed while being ferociously subtle that there's a sequel planned in the future.

Not sure how I feel about this...

GothamGirl wrote:
RIFA wrote:He basically confirmed while being ferociously subtle that there's a sequel planned in the future.

Not sure how I feel about this...
Why? Haven't you been reading the reviews on here? The film seems to be directly the first part of a bigger series, and as a film on its own doesn't answer much, inviting sequels.

-Vader

RIFA wrote:248 out of 315 reviews are overall positive.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=43724.0
That's a 79%, like RT as of now. I don't really thing is as bad as some people say. I think it will range between 78% - 83%, which is not really bad for a movie in my opinion, considering that a lot of bad reviews tend exaggerate the negative a lot, more than the good the positives.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Does anyone recommend watching it? I'm reading a couple mixed disappointed and impressed reviews on imdb but not sure what to agree on. I know I can agree with most people here being Nolan-fans and a couple PTA-fans. I personally loved Alien. So does it live up to its expectations? No spoilers please.

Mindheist wrote:Does anyone recommend watching it? I'm reading a couple mixed disappointed and impressed reviews on imdb but not sure what to agree on. I know I can agree with most people here being Nolan-fans and a couple PTA-fans. I personally loved Alien. So does it live up to its expectations? No spoilers please.
Well... everyone on nolanfans who saw it recommend it.

Most good critics also recommend the film. It is quite spectacular if you're in the right mindset.

RIFA wrote:
Mindheist wrote:Does anyone recommend watching it? I'm reading a couple mixed disappointed and impressed reviews on imdb but not sure what to agree on. I know I can agree with most people here being Nolan-fans and a couple PTA-fans. I personally loved Alien. So does it live up to its expectations? No spoilers please.
Well... everyone on nolanfans who saw it recommend it.

Most good critics also recommend the film. It is quite spectacular if you're in the right mindset.
Thanks I'll definately watch it soon. Those bad reviews were kinda unexpected though since the trailers looked like it was giving a very strong idea of what the film will be like.