Prometheus (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SilverHeart wrote:How the hell did FOX of all studios greenlight 100+ million budget for an R-Rated film?
Ridley initially asked for 250 mil lol. They basically told him yes, but it would have to be pg.

Lol, in a commercial here on the web it says available in 3d also 2d, also they started showing the Avengers here in 2d after a month!
I think they know 3d is going down the drain.

nowseed wrote:
Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing

I just saw #Prometheus last night - it was AWESOME. Loved it. Truly breathtaking, incredible, spectacular, thrilling sci-fi at its best.
Peter Sciretta ‏@slashfilm

I've been given the go ahead. I can tell you I've seen Prometheus and I can confirm that it is awesome.

@SpaceGhostCBM There's a lot of freaky, disgusting, tense moments, but not outright 'scare the shit out of me' personally. You'll dig.
Andrew Freund ‏@andrewfreund

Saw @PrometheusMovie last night and it was PHENOMENAL!! A new sci fi epic has been born!! Interviewing the cast today! #prometheus #movies
36m Alex Billington Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing

Video blog with @slashfilm on our initial #Prometheus thoughts has been recorded & uploaded. Posting in 1.5 hours - stay tuned!
That's better.
me likey

That's much better. :twothumbsup: :clap:

Damn french people scared the shit out of me. Those snobs.

RIFA wrote:That's much better. :twothumbsup: :clap:

Damn french people scared the shit out of me. Those snobs.
Nope, they have a valid point because this film looks awesome but Scott has never impressed me too much with his characters, except in Alien.

Nice to see some positive reaction from the bloggers but you to take Alex's with a pinch of salt.

You know, the reaction this is getting now is much MUCH better than the critical reaction to the original Alien in 1979. It took a generation or so for critics to give it the respect it has today. Just saying.

EDIT: Here is a very good reaction!!

http://player.vimeo.com/video/43104816

nowseed wrote:

I just saw #Prometheus last night - it was AWESOME. Loved it. Truly breathtaking, incredible, spectacular, thrilling sci-fi at its best.
Peter Sciretta ‏@slashfilm

I've been given the go ahead. I can tell you I've seen Prometheus and I can confirm that it is awesome.

@SpaceGhostCBM There's a lot of freaky, disgusting, tense moments, but not outright 'scare the shit out of me' personally. You'll dig.
Andrew Freund ‏@andrewfreund

Saw @PrometheusMovie last night and it was PHENOMENAL!! A new sci fi epic has been born!! Interviewing the cast today! #prometheus #movies
36m Alex Billington Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing

Video blog with @slashfilm on our initial #Prometheus thoughts has been recorded & uploaded. Posting in 1.5 hours - stay tuned!
That's better.
This is excellent news.

The movie is gonna awesome just as expected :clap: