Godzilla (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Some reviews are complaining about Godzilla being in it for like 30 minutes in total. Why is that a bad thing? I would rather have a good build up and glimpses here and there rather than Zilla being there from minute one. It ruins the tension that way and when the final act comes around where its non stop Zilla it will be a better pay off. I like Zilla getting the Jaws treatment

I feel like some of these reviews are going to make quite a few people on here extra nitpicky when the movie is released.

Just came back from a screening.
Here's my short review:
Great monster film. The sounddesign and music was especially amazing. The effects and CGI were solid.
The story was okay, nothing special - pretty forgettable characters. Didn't matter much though, since it wasn't really about the human characters to begin with. The build up towards the reveal of Godzilla was very clever, it had the entire audience cheering when we finally saw it.
It was a good fun action movie, and as long as you leave you sceptic brain at the door you are in for a wild ride.

Overall a good cinematic experience. Probably not a film I'll watch again, but I enjoyed it.
Solid 8/10.

medium spoiler:
btw. Godzilla's electric flame breath. HOLY FUCK that was awesome
Last edited by Jones on May 12th, 2014, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jones wrote:Just came back from a screening.
Here's my short review:
Great monster film. The sounddesign and music was especially amazing. The effects and CGI were solid.
The story was okay, nothing special - pretty forgettable characters. Didn't matter much though, since it wasn't really about the human characters to begin with. It was a good fun action movie, and as long as you leave you sceptic brain at the door you are in for a wild ride.

Overall a good cinematic experience. Probably not a film I'll watch again, but I enjoyed it.
Solid 8/10.

medium spoiler:
You can't like it though, there are some negative reviews so you have strongly agree with those and not look at the positive things!

PowerDump wrote:
Jones wrote:Just came back from a screening.
Here's my short review:
The story was okay, nothing special - pretty forgettable characters. Didn't matter much though, since it wasn't really about the human characters to begin with. The build up towards the reveal of Godzilla was very clever, it had the entire audience cheering when we finally saw it.
It was a good fun action movie, and as long as you leave you sceptic brain at the door you are in for a wild ride.

Solid 8/10.

medium spoiler:
You can't like it though, there are some negative reviews so you have strongly agree with those and not look at the positive things!
Oh I see ;) haven't been following this much to be honest. All I can say is I enjoyed it, and I think it's a good film.

K: 3.6/5
M: 4.5/5

Good not great seems to be the consensus thus far. Works for me

The screening was cut short halfway through for reasons I don't have the patience to explain, but I loved what I saw. So hungry for 7 p.m. Thursday at IMAX now.

-Vader

Avoiding this topic like the plague. Are the reviews good or great so far?
Going to watch this tomorrow. So excited!!!!

Mahiya_Borden wrote:Avoiding this topic like the plague. Are the reviews good or great so far?
Going to watch this tomorrow. So excited!!!!
Most are pretty good so far. Some meh's, but most are positive.
But hey, you wont be reading this right? Because you are avoiding this topic like the plague.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? AVOID THE TOPIC!